Explicitly vivid

Selective memory is an odd subject. Choosing what to remember and how much to remember. That homework you had to do simply slipped away from your brain. But you always remember what time your favorite youtuber posts their videos. Though there are certain memories that are an exception to this ideal. There are those things that we wish to forget, but for some unknown reason we just can't. I choose to believe that these things that we view as curses become blessings later in life in an extremely peculiar manner. For some reason these memories also seem to be the most vivid. You remember the exact details of your entire surroundings, the shade of orange that covered the sky as the sun died for the day, the certain angle of the smile that came from the person next to you. The ghastly cloak and rusted sword that you held in your hands. The exact number of tears that fell that day. The way your face felt looking at each other, knowing that this would be the last time you would ever see the individual ever again. The warmth of hands touching, and then slipping away, as we both walked away to our opposite destinies. This was not love, it was deeper than that, but also more subtle. It wasn't quite best friendship either. I never will know what we had, but i do however know that we both impacted each other's lives in a way that transcends comprehension, unexplainable, but oh so familiar. Perhaps our destinies will intertwine again, but that's for another story.