Chapter 5 - Court

I wake up and at first I get a little confused and start to wonder where I am, but then all the memories from last night comes back and I remember that I am at Aiden's Place, and that Mark is gone. Or is he? What if the police let him go, because they didn't have enough proof? I Think and start to panic a Little, what if he comes after me again? Then what? And I have no Place to stay either, I mean I can't stay here forever...

The sound of a knock on the door, interrupt my thoughts, and I quickly sit up and answer with a small.

"Come in" Aiden walks in, dressed in a pair of jeans and a tight grey shirt.

"Oh, hi, you're up" He says and takes a few steps closer to me, and pull out a chair and sit down beside the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm alright, th-thank you so much for letting me spend the night here, it really means a lot, I will be out of here as soon as I can "

"No problem. But where will you go?" He asks with a concerned expression on his face.

"Um I don't know yet, but I'll figure it out"

"Well I won't you go back to the streets, you can stay here as long as you need"

"Thank you so much, but I cant intrude in your house like that"

"Please, I don't want you being all alone with nowhere to go, will you let me help you?"

I'm about to protest, but then I look in his eyes and I can see that he is sincere, he really wants to help me.

"Oh, okay, thanks, but I don't know what I shall do, I don't even know if the police still have Mark'?"

"Oh that's right, that's what I came here to tell you. Steve, the man that took Mark before, says that Mark is in jail for now since they think he is guilty. He will have a trial, and they can't charge him without more proof, like a witness to tell the story" He says with a calm yet concerned look in his face. And I know what he mean.

"So-so I have to witness against Mark in court and if not he will most likely be free?" I say and I tense up. I don't know if I can do it, I don't know if I can stand there infront of Mark and dare to tell the whole story, but what choice do I have?

"Yeah, looks like it, or else they'll have to let him go.."

"But-but what if they don't believe me and they'll let him go? He'll be crossed and he will get his revenge on me, and problably you as well" I whisper nervously.

Aiden put his hand gently on mine, to calm me down and it works a Little.

"I really think they will believe you and that he will go to jail, I'm gonna make sure of it, okay?"

"O-okay"

"Good, now what do you think of breakfast?" He asks with a Little smile.

"It sounds good" I smile shyly.

"Okay, then I will make breakfast while you change" He stands up and walk out the door and Close it behind him, and I change clothes and then I go to the kitchen where he already made breakfast, we eat it in silence for a while until he brakes it.

"Do you think you can come with me to the policestation where we'll say that we're ready to bring the matter to Court?"

I swallow hard. "Yeah, I guess"

Two hours later

I walk out on shaky legs, that's it Mark is gonna be in Court in Three Days, and I have to witness against him how will this end?

Aiden gently squeezes my arm like he can feel that I'm scared and I instantly calm down. I'm not alone, Aiden will be there to help me. Everything will be fine, I hope.

So what do you Think? Do you Think mark will be sent to prison or will he go free? What's gonna happen next? Please comment, I would love to hear your thoughts about my story. <3