Chapter 16 - "Perfect timing"

Aiden's pov:

As I wake up I look to the side to see if Caroline is still asleep, only to find her side of the bed empty. Immediately I start to worry, I jump out of bed and look all around the apartment but can't find her. No. no! What if she left? She promised me. I grab my phone and dial her number only to come directly to voicemail. Now I really start to panic, I dial her number over and over again only to receive the same result, no answer. I grab a pair of pants and put on my shoes and head my way to the door, with only one thought in my head, I have to find her! As I open the door, I crash into someone, as I look up I see Caroline standing there and I feel my body flowing with relief as I take a hold of her arm and pull her into my body in a tight hug.

"Aiden, what is wrong?" She asks me, worry evident in her voice.

"I thought you left. I woke up and you were nowhere to be found and you did not answer your phone."

"Oh, I must have forgotten my phone, I was just out to buy some milk since I didn't have any at home" She says as she frees one of her arms to show me the milk cartoon. I pull away, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, it's just after last night. I was afraid you were going to leave."

"It's okay Aiden, I would've reacted the same way, but I promised I wouldn't leave and I intend to keep that promise. Even though it would have been easier if I left...but I don't have the strength to leave you when you are begging me to stay, because I really don't want to leave you." She says as she takes one step forward and pull me into a hug again, and I feel much better again.

"Good" I whisper in her ear. "Because I could never leave you either" I say as pull away slightly just so that I am able to look into her eyes. She smiles at me as I put my hand on her cheek and slowly brings my face closer to hers just as she leans in and soon our lips meet.

Caroline's pov:

My body instantly reacts to his warm lips against mine, as I release the milk cartoon on a chair and put my arms around his neck, pulling him even closer as I feel his teeth against my lips, making me open my mouth as our tongues starts to move together. I feel his hand on my thighs, lifting my up so I'm sitting on his hips. His hands start to go under my shirt stroking my back, and heat rushes through my entire body. After a while he pulls away to look at me, but never letting go of his hold on me as he looks me straight in the eyes, his filled with emotion.

"Caroline.. I lo.." He never gets to finish the sentence as my door slams open and Allie walks in, causing Aiden to let go of me so that I'm standing on the floor next to him.

"Oh, I really hope I'm not interrupting anything" Allie says with a smug smile on her face, causing me to blush as Aiden chuckles beside me.

"Always the perfect timing sister" He says as he squeezes my hip, pulling my closer to his side.

"I know, maybe I should get a relationship on my own, so I don't intrude on yours all the time"

"You're not intruding Allie" I say as I pull away from Aiden to give Allie a hug. She smiles as she hugs me back.

"My brother does not seem to agree with you on that. Whatever. I actually came to invite you guys to my Birthday Party in three weeks."

"Oh that's right, you're turning 27. Of course, I would love to come!"

"Good and I know that Aiden is coming if you are coming" She says as she winks at me.

"Hmm, yeah maybe I'll go if Caroline is there, it's not because I want to celebrate my sisters birthday" Aiden answers as she stares at Allie.

"I know you love me, little brother" Allie states as she walks to give Aiden a hug as well, and he laughs as he hugs her back.

"Of course, I do, even though sometimes I really don't like you."

"Right back at you" Allie laughs. I feel tears springing to my eyes at the scene in front of me, I wish I could have that with my sister. I quickly wipe away my tears, but Allie has already notice them and she comes up to me, followed by Aiden.

"What is wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing, I just envy your relationship, I wish I could have that with my family as well.."

They both come up to hug me and Aiden whispers in my ear. "Maybe you will someday" Then a little higher he says "But at least you have me" "And me" Allie says, and I start to smile. "Yeah, at least I have you guys" I say and hug them back.