Chapter 30 - Goodbye

Trotts POV
I watched as they all fell, Storm had screamed before a large wave of energy had swept over us and them, taking all of the evil army down. The protective forcefield around us dropped as Katie and Tess dropped their guard and began looking around. Ross ran to Tess, I ran to Storm while Katie ran to Smith. Smith was bleeding out naturally, no poison or magic so Tess could easily help him. Storm was weak, but breathing still. "Storm, babe? Hey you did it. It's over we can go home" I whispered as I put my arm around her. She sat up tears in the corners of her eyes as she rocked back and forth. "I can't save him" she whispered continuously.

Zoey was beside Rythian's body, tears in her own eyes but they came freely and fell with a great force nobody could imagine. Zoey fell over Rythian's limp body as she cried her heart out. "I didn't tell you Ryth, I loved you so so much, don't leave me Ryth. Don't leave me" Zoey cried in pain. "Rythian!" She cried one final time, her raspy voice turning to a faint squeak. Katie was now comforting Zoey as she cried, while I scooped up Storm in my arms. In doing so she hugged closer to me and buried her face in my chest. "Let's go home, Tess and Ross go with Smith. Katie you think you can take Zoey and Rythian?" I said. She nodded, "but storm can't she's too tierd" Katie argued. I shook my head. "She can manage" I replied. Storm glowed slightly as she used her magic to fly us back to Rythian's palace.

We had beaten the evil which remained, but at a great cost. You would not think we had won because the sullen feeling which lingered in the atmosphere around the palace. We were all gathered in the same room. And that's when the least expected thing happened. Tess and Ross had been having a heart to heart, but we had not expected anything so sudden. "Tess, today I realised that I could've have lost you so easily. I couldn't have shown you how much you mean to me and that life is too short to wait for things to become more reasonable for others, and well, Tess Harrison will you marry me?" Ross said getting down on one knee. Tess cried with happiness, and smiles appeared on everyone's faces. "Yes, yes! Yes!" Tess said happily jumping into his arms in glee. Storm hugged them both, and Smith did too, I congratulated Ross and we left it there.

Storms POV
Me and Zoey were with Rythian, his body had been laid on his bed. I wanted to try one last thing before I left him to peace. I cleared my thoughts and gathered my strength and slipped into a mental state, talking with Rythian. I saw him there waiting for me as if he'd known what would happen. "Rythian? I need to save you" I said. "Storm you can't save me, we all know who truly can" he replied. "I know that now, and I admit it, my feelings for you may still be there, but not as much as I love Trott" I said. He looked to me and smiled. "I still love you Storm, I never stopped, but me and you. It's not going to work. You know that" he said calmly. I nodded, "just one last time, then this is it. This is goodbye" I said. He had a faint smile on his face as he knew too. We were over, finally settled after our long history, but never forgotten. Me and Rythian hugged and fell into one last passionate kiss before I pulled away. "Goodbye Rythian" I said. He nodded and I left him and went back to reality.

"Storm? What happened? Are you okay?" Zoey asked as I woke up from my lying position on the floor. "I'm good Zoey, but you're the only one who can save him." I said. "How, he's dead isn't he?" Zoey asked shocked. "Zoey his mental state is still in one peice, he has a chance of survival" Zoey smiled bigger than ever imagined. "Whatever I need to do I'll do it" I smiled and began my magic, before enchanting Zoey's lips with my power. "True loves kiss works for everything, and your lips are enchanted also" I explained. She nodded and looked to me confused, "I thought you loved him?" She asked. I shook my head, "I did, but we have finished and our past is not the present. It must be you. Not me" I replied, she nodded understandably and leant over Rythian's body kissing him as tears of hope fell down her face. She pulled away and nothing happen, no movement, no breathing, the hope drained from my body.

Me and Zoey sat in silence comforting each other's grief when we heard faint breathing. We looked to Rythian and he was awake. His eyes were slightly Hazel, my power still flowing inside him giving him life support, but still he was alive. "Rythian!" Zoey cried as she shot up from her seat. She ran over to him and they fell into each other's arms destined for one another. I smiled as the two were reunited, I felt a tug on my arm as Trott appeared by my side. "Storm, babe I'm here for you. I missed you so much and I was so so scared of losing you to her" he said as we hugged tightly. I relaxed in his arms as his comforting warmth and familiar smell settled me. "I missed you too my walrus. Shall we go home?" I said. "I think we should, I've had enough of this place" he replied, I laughed at his remark and walked downstairs to the others.

I explained to them that Rythian was alive and they all began smiling, nobody questioned how, and by the look in Smiths eyes I could tell he already knew. "I think we need to go home now" I said as I created a portal that would take us to the dimensional portal. We all passed through and I left a note for Rythian and Zoey. We walked back through the dimensional portal and we appeared again at the beach, back on Earth

So yeah I'm not gonna kill anyone, I'm not that cruel. Well I don't think I am. Either way I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks 💙

Lizzy :)