Chapter 1- Reaching London

• Dedicated to One Direction

Being a fashion designer meant a lot of work. College was really awesome. Lots of friends to hang out and to have fun... but it was all over!!

Now I had to leave Mumbai, that's where I stayed, to London to do my master's degree in fashion...London has always been a DREAM CITY for me. I've always wanted to got there since I'd turned into fashion. But now I realized how tough it was for me to leave Mumbai. I'd got a scholarship to the London School of Fashion. I felt like I was living a dream!

 There was only a day left to go to London and I had packed all my stuff. I was getting very excited, but I knew it was gonna be DIFFICULT!!! 

The next day I did some finishing touches to my packing and took blessings from my parents who said, "Make us proud!". They started crying. I hugged them and left for the airport which was just a few kilometers away.

After the usual airport checking stuff, I boarded my flight to London which would almost take almost 9 hours!... but luckily I had packed stuff for entertainment. I'd taken a few books and my magazines and most importantly.... my i pod. I switched it on as the flight took off by nine in the morning... so i would be reaching there by 6 in the evening according to the Indian Time. 

I checked a few songs through my i pod and played "I Would" by One Direction. I kinda liked their songs, especially the guys, they were super CUTE. I just knew a few of their names... I knew Louis, Niall and Harry and i didn't the know other guys well.

It was a long and a BORING flight and I ended up, deeply sleeping...

I got up listening  to the announcement , "Ladies and gentlemen, we will be reaching the London Heathrow Airport shortly, the local time in London is 12:35 p.m and a moderate temperature of 24 degree celsius...we hope you had a pleasant flight and thankyou for flying with us"

I quickly switched off my i pod and got prepared. After the flight touched ground all the "impatient" passengers, including me, unbuckled our seat belts and started to take the baggage from the cabin at the top. I just couldn't wait to get out from this flight. "I'm ready London!!!," I thought to myself.

There was a long line of passengers as it was a huge flight. I kept on checking the timing. I was really getting late. I didn't have anyone to wait at the airport so I was planning to take a cab and drive off to a good lodge which I had googled earlier in India. 

After a while, I finally got out of the flight and rushed to the immigration. Then, I'd gone to conveyor belt where they'd started to put the luggage on. I ran with a trolley and waited. Fortunately, within no time I was able to get my luggage and ,after a few more SECURITY CHECKING, I got out of the airport. I searched for cabs and there was one right in front of me. 

I peeped through the window which was lowered as the driver saw me. "May I go to the travelodge hotel?"  I said with my raw Indian accent. He asked me to get in after settling the amount.

Just after a while we reached the hotel. I paid the driver the cash and checked into my room. After settling into the comfortable room, I quickly took a shower and dressed up to visit London.

London was a very pretty place. It was indeed different from the humid and the loud Mumbai. I'd got quickly adjusted to the climate. I walked around to find a good coffee shop as i was feeling very hungry. I walked by and saw a pretty good looking place called Coffee Bean.

I went into the shop and it was kinda empty and you could only see a few people scattered around here and there. I walked around to find a corner seat empty next to the seat of curly haired guy who was talking on his cellphone. I sat down and looked down at the menu while I was secretly  eavesdropping that guy who spoke in a British accent on his cellphone.

"Yeah the band practice, the lads had told me they'd be there by 6:30... yeah..bye" I looked at him as he'd kept the phone. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE HARRY STYLES ,FROM ONE DIRECTION!..he looked at me to see my eyes wide open. With all the courage, I went up to his place. This was epic!

"Hey, I'm Priyanka, I'm a great fan of your band.." I said as calmly as I can so that i wouldn't sound like some weird psycho. "I'm Harry Styles.. " he gave a very pleasing smile and he gave his hand for a handshake!- my, his hands were soft!

"You can sit here if you like," he said, motioning to sit to the chair opposite to him. I did so.

" So Priyanka, new to London?" Harry asked.

"Yeah.. i just arrived here a few hours ago." I replied, trying to stylize my Indian accent.

The waitress came and took mine and Harry's order.

"Don't worry I'll pay..." he said, smiling. "You didn't have to" I said politely.

After that, he talked about his band and his X Factor stories till the food had come. 

"Where are you from?" he asked. "India" I replied. " I'd come here to do my masters on fashion designing"

"Did you rent a flat?" He asked while paying the bill.

"Nope...not yet. I stay in a hotel" trying to sound as helpless as possible.

"Well here's my number and we'll try to find a solution to that problem" 

He grabbed my phone and put his name in the contacts list. I just couldn't believe a how celebrity could be this friendly!  "Thanks " I said.

" Don't mention it. Do you want a ride back to the hotel?" he asked. It was almost two- thirty.

"Yeah" I said. I was so happy! 

I told him the address as we got into the car. He drove  very well! He talked almost the whole way, asking about my country ,its people , my earlier college and friends. After reaching the hotel, I got down of the car and thanked him.

"Like I said earlier don't mention it" he said. We both laughed at this. He smiled and drove  away.