Chapter 8- Whore in the House

Jason and I were good. We had finally passed the awkward 'ex' stage. Alex was convinced it was all a ploy but I ignored him. A weight, I never knew existed, had been lifted from my shoulders and it felt great.

Coating my eyelashes with mascara, I hummed a vaguely catchy high school musical song. Chanel was lying on my bed reciting her monologue. She had written it herself and it was very good. I didn't tell her how very impressed I was. Her ego didn't need any more inflating.

"Oh the woes...the woes!" She shrieked dramatically. "I lie on the bed of the great as I wait for the goddess of lofty maintenance to be done with the falsifications of the face. I wait. Eternity upon infinity and infinity upon eternity...I wait."

I turned around to look at her incredulously. She had her right arm draped over her forehead, her body artistically positioned in that of a graceful writhing of death. How very Chanel.

"What on earth are you talking about?" I asked, a tinge of humour injected into my voice.

She sprang up to sit upright and leant on her arms, stretched out behind her, not at all gracefully.

"I'm telling you to hurry up." She snapped, eyes scrunched in annoyance. I couldn't help but think how Chanel was such a hypocrite. It made me laugh.

I picked up my denim jacket and shrugged it on. "I'm done now anyway. C'mon. Let's go." I said while straightening out my cuffs and collar.

Chanel scrambled off the bed. I heard a distinct murmuring of 'about time.'

Chanel traipsed downstairs, out to her union jack mini and slid in. I followed and climbed in next to her as Chanel revved the cute little car. Despite the fact Chanel knew exactly where our school with its adjacent football ground was, she typed the postcode into the built in GPS. I sat with an air of patience, hiding my smirk from Chanel while the GPS loaded. And then it spoke. It's rocky, robotic but clear voice.

"Directions for Exeter College.

Turn right, on to Junction Road."

Chanel sighed, relaxing into a dreamy state. Her not so secret crush on her GPS. I sniggered.

"Shut up Zoe. You don't have what we have."

***

"Let's sit behind the net!"

"Let's not."

The incident of yesteryear was still fresh in my memory.

Instead we sat on the front row in the middle of the pitch as Alex had reserved it for us. They weren't really that comfortable but even I could tell it was a pretty good view.