Chapter 1 Destiny

Lilith's life as far as She knew, ended on a Sunday in the month of June on the eighth of 2018.

For years, She'd been hiding away from all the dangers of the supernatural creatures lurking in the outside world. All those inhuman creatures were evil, cursed. Such as werewolves, whom at the age of eight mauled her mother and killed her. Plus vampires, also known as the bloodsuckers. The mortals, like her, spent their lives hiding from all those demons or training to become hunters, people who hunted werewolves and vampires. Lilith's mother had been a hunter before she was killed by a werewolf during a hunt. Ever since her mom's death, her father expected his daughter to help him avenge her death by becoming a hunter too. A hunter's job was to wipe out the population of werewolves and vampires in order to protect all people and their families.

Lilith had read the supernatural books her father had given her a thousand times so She knew a werewolf's weakness was silver and a vampire's weakness was light. She also knew from all the times she spent watching her father training, all of what was needed to know when hunting a werewolf or vampire. The most important rule when hunting one of them was to never EVER try to take one on your own. All the hunters had to stick together to survive, she'd learned that from her mother's death...  Those supernatural creatures could kill you, or if you're not so lucky, turn you into one of their own.

Lilith was only fifteen but at the age of sixteen she would be able to go outside at last and hunt with her fellow teammates. Her birthday was in two days and She had been staring out her bedroom window a week before, imagining all the respect she would get when She was able to go on her first hunt. Lilith's father, Peter was second in command of the entire group of hunters with their leader, a tall skinny man with blue eyes known as James.

The group of hunters made their camp out of the nearest town, Chesterfield, away from all those non-hunters. The hunters protected the town of Chesterfield from all those monsters out there.

Lilith had never seen a werewolf or vampire in person, mainly cause she wasn't allowed to go outside of the camp until she came of age.

It'd be two days until Lilith's birthday and She was seated on her bed, reading a book from her shelf on the supernatural.

Her father had just gone out a few hours ago with a patrol to go and secure the perimeter of the woods near the camp. Lilith assumed he would be back soon but in the meantime, She'd be reading to pass some time. She was always worried when her father went out on a hunt because she always feared he would never come back or get hurt...but he wasn't on a hunt, now was he? He was going to be fine...

But, she thought, glancing out her window nervously. The sky was dark and a full moon hung over the treetops. Werewolves come out on full moons...suppose Dad is hurt by one of those savage beasts?

She stopped on the page with the picture of the drawing of the werewolf and gulped nervously. She imagined her father planting a silver bullet in it's head and relief washed over her.

"He'll be fine," she told herself. She closed the book and put it back on the shelf. "Think positive things, besides your almost a hunter, your birthday's in two days."

Thinking of finally going outside made the worries of her father vanish from Lilith's mind as She crawled into bed. She turned over so She could stare out her bedroom window at the full moon.

Soon, She thought. I'll be a hunter, it's my destiny...

How'd y'all like the book so far? I promise it'll get better, cause the first chapter's probably the most boring one, but please just give it a chance. I guarantee this book will become more intriguing as you keep reading. Feel free to comment and vote, and I'll catch ya guys in the next chapter! ✌️