Chapter 9

Darkness catches up to us all, even at the best of times.
Warning: Swearing. If you don't like swearing, you can skip this chapter. If you don't care at all, please continue.
Mark's P.O.V.
I was sitting in my room being bored doing homework when suddenly a cold,harsh wind swept in. My window was closed, so with a sinking feeling in my heart, I knew what was happening. I tried to fight it, I tried to control it, but it was much more stronger than me. I looked down at my arms and saw they were whitening. My coffee complexion was slowly becoming a chalk white. I rushed to the bathroom. My shiny black/dark brown hair was turning a darker shade. My brown eyes turned a charcoal black and the features on my face sharpened. I took a deep shuddering breath before the darkness overtook me.
Dark's P.O.V.
The blinding white light was slowly fading as I pushed against the boundaries. I won't stay here anymore! I will see Y/N, whether Mark likes it or not. I could tell Mark was fighting the change, but he was struggling. Suddenly the light vanished and I was in Mark. He was watching the changing happen, as he turned into me. His skin paled, his hair darkened. After the change, I went back into mine/Mark's room and grabbed my car keys. I walked out and locked the front door. I hopped in my car and turned the ignition on. (A/N: the car is a blue and white Ford Mustang. It's my fav kind of car.) I pulled out of the driveway and into traffic.
~time skip till he arrives at Y/N's house~
I slid the window open and slipped inside. I grabbed the TV remote and turned it to the sports channel. I sat down and waited for Y/N to come home from school.
~time skip to when Y/N gets home from school~
I heard the front door open and close as Y/N walked in. The couch sagged under her weight as she sat down. "Dark is everything ok?" "Everything's fine. How are you and Mark?" I could see the shock on her face. "G-good. I thought you didn't care?" "I didn't. Until now. Y/N, do you remember when we first met?" "Yes. Vividly. You broke into my house and kissed me. We ended up together and you've come over ever since then." "Good. And do you remember what I told you?" "No-no I don't."Let me tell you this. Dark is always the one in control. Just remember that." I whispered in her ear, recalling the words I had spoken that day. "It seems like you've forgotten what I told you." "I don't understand. I've let you take control." "It's not that. You listened well. But what's irking me is your relationship with Mark. I-I'm the only one you should love. Not him." "But-but you are him, and he is you. I love both of you." "Y/N! You don't understand! Prove to me your loyalty is to me and me only! Not to Mark, me!" I-I can't do that, Dark. I love both of you. I can't just break away from one of you and stick to the other. I've been with both of you for too long." "Show me-show-me-" "Show you what, Dark? I can't show you or do anything if you don't communicate with me! I'm helpless if you don't talk to me!" I put my head in my hands and gripped my hair. A sudden coldness came over me and I knew, I wasn't coming back for a while.
Mark's P.O.V.
The pressing darkness that surrounded me was slowly retreating. I found the boundaries and pushed with all my might. The darkness was slowly fading and my visit was slowly becoming clearer. I saw Y/N, staring at me with a hurt face and tears leaking from the corners of her eyes. What had Dark done to her that had made her cry? Then it all came back to me. Everything that has happened between Dark and Y/N. That asshole. He's going to pay for making her so upset. "Y/N, are you ok? I-I'm sorry, I really am. I know what happened. Dark, he-he gets really possessive and controlling. It's hard to stop him. He's good at everything else, but the one thing he isn't, is communicating. He's never had to communicate before. Did he hurt you?" "N-no. I'm f-fine." "Are you sure?" "Mark, he didn't touch me at all." I didn't answer just picked her up bridal style and placed her in my lap. She snuggled into my chest and I stroked her hair. "I promise you Y/N, from now on, I'll be more careful with Dark. I won't ever let him do that to you again. I-I promise. Forever." "Thank you Mark. I love you." She said as she began to drift to sleep. Just before she fell asleep in my arms I whispered to her; "I love you, so much. And that will never change."
-----------------------------
Sorry this took so long to write, been busy and (excuses are coming. You have been warned) and I had to copy the story from the other chapter and stuff. Sorry. I do hope to publish the next chapter in the next few days or so. Until then, buh-bye!!!