Chapter 17

Y/N's P.O.V.
"Dad, do I have to go?" "Yes, now hurry up. You're going to be late." "But I don't want to go! I won't be able to concentrate!" "Well try to." Grumbling, I grabbed my books and shoved them in my bag. Putting on my jumper I grabbed my lunch and made sure I had everything I needed. "Bye, Dad." "See ya. Have a good day." Closing the door, I walked down my driveway to my car and jumped in. I started the car and drove to school.
~time skip~
I walked into school and noticed Tori sitting on a brick wall looking miserable.
"Hey,Tori. What's u-what's the matter?" "Jack and I had a fight." "Oh, why!?" "Um, I don't wanna talk about it."
~flashback~
"Jack, are you here?" "T-Tori?!" "Jack?" "Hngh-ouch!" "Jack?" She walked around the corner and saw Jack entwined with Ellie. (Remember her?) "Jack! What the fuck?!?" "Ellie, get off me." "But baby, I love you." "So what?!? Tori, do not believe anything she says. It's not what it looks like." "It's exactly what it looks like." "Tori! Wait, please!" She walked off without another word, him following closely behind. He caught up to her and grabbed her wrist. "Tori, please listen." "Why, Jack? Why should I? You've expressed your feelings towards me." "Huh? No, Tori, I don't like Ellie at all. She's a bitch." "You think I don't know that? But obviously I'm not good enough for you if your standards are that bitch." "Tori, please! Please listen. I'm begging you, I love you." "Stop trying! I'm sick of this. You say you love me, but then you'll turn around and leave me for dead." "No I won't! After all I've done, why won't you believe me?" "Because, Jack. Every guy says that they're committed, but then they leave without a warning." "How can I prove that I'm not going to leave?" "I-I don't know. Jack, just let me think." She walked off without another word, him standing there looking lost and alone.
~end flashback~
"Are you sure you're ok, Tori?" "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." "Tori! Y/N!" "Felix?" "Ugh, great. Another person I want to avoid." "Guess what?" "What?" "I've got another girlfriend! Kate! Come meet my friends!" "Coming, Felix." The prettiest girl walked around the corner. Chestnut brown hair, emerald green eyes, olive skin and soft facial features. Not too tall, but not too small. "Are they Y/N and Tori? The two girls you're always talking about?" "Yeah. They're really good friends of mine." "Nice to meet you two." "It's wonderful to meet you." "Tori? Are you okay?" "I'm-I'm fine Kate. Just personal problems." "What happened?" "Nothing, Felix. I don't want to talk about it." "Oh ok." "Where's Mark? I haven't seen him for ages." "Oh Mark? Um he-" "He's in hospital." "What? Why?" "He got badly injured. He'll heal soon enough." Bing. Bing. I reached into my pocket. I looked at the notification. Mark💜 1 new message
I opened the message and I felt the blood drip out of my face, leaving it cold as stone. "Y/N?! What's wrong?" "M-Ma-Mark has to have surgery. Now. It's critical." "What?! Why?" "I don't know." I sunk to the brick wall next to Tori. I covered my face with my hands. No. This couldn't happen. Why? Why him? Please let him be okay. What happens if something goes wrong? Then what? What do I do? I cat live without Mark. I just can't- "Y/N. He'll be okay." "But-but what happens if he's not?" "He will be. Trust me." A tear trickled down my face and I wiped it away quickly. Driiiing. Driiiing. "Come on, let's go to class."
~time skip~
"Listen up, class. You're half yearlys are coming up soon, so as to get you in the swing of things for them, I'm setting you this assignment. Please don't slack off, because this does go to your report. Come grab a note explaining the task at the end of class please." Driiing. Driiing. "Thanks guys. Everyone please take a note and remember the due date." Great. Another thing to worry about. Mark. Class. Tori. The assignment. Another sleepless night for me again. Walking to my car, I started it up and drove home. I walked in and started on this task. An hour later, is come up with nothing. I was empty. I was too stressed about Mark. Packing up my books, I locked the front door and walked to my bedroom. I flopped on my bed and fell asleep almost instantly.
-----------------------------
I'm super sorry this took so long to come, but I hope it was worth it. Trust me, I'm all better. Taking that break, made me realise I needed it. Thank you to everyone who was there for me. It really really helped me.