Chapter 8

Y/N's P.O.V.
Each time you got home from school Dark would always be there waiting for you.And each time he came you would get to know him better. You enjoyed the time you got to spend with Dark. Mark protested, saying you shouldn't, it's dangerous and I don't want you to get hurt. You assured Mark you were fine. Until something exploded way out of your control.
~to the 'incident'~
The keys clanged in the lock as you turned them and stepped in the door, making sure to close it behind you. "Hello? Anybody here?" "I'm here, Y/N." The deep, mechanical voice you had familiarised yourself with came residing out from the living room. You put your bag down and went to the lounge, plopping yourself down next to Dark. He paid no attention to you, just simply stared at the TV. Huh, that's odd. He's normally all over me when I get home. What's going on? "Dark is everything ok?" "Everything's fine. How are you and Mark?" "G-good. I thought you didn't care?" "I didn't. Until now. Y/N, do you remember when we first met?" "Yes. Vividly. You broke into my house and kissed me. We ended up together and you've come over ever since then." "Good. And do you remember what I told you?" "No-no I don't."Let me tell you this. Dark is always the one in control. Just remember that." He whispered in your ear, recalling the words he had spoken on that day. "It seems like you've forgotten what I told you." "I don't understand. I've let you take control." "It's not that. You listened well. But what's irking me is your relationship with Mark. I-I'm the only one you should love. Not him." "But-but you are him, and he is you. I love both of you." "Y/N! You don't understand! Prove to me your loyalty is to me and me only! Not to Mark, me!" A tear leaked from the corner of your eye as he shouted at you, a look of pain and desperation on his face. "I-I can't do that, Dark. I love both of you. I can't just break away from one of you and stick to the other. I've been with both of you for too long." "Show me-show-me-" "Show you what, Dark? I can't show you or do anything if you don't communicate with me! I'm helpless if you don't talk to me!" He put his head in his hands and gripped his hair tightly. Slowly, his hair turned a lighter shade of black and his chalk white pallor turned into a light, coffee colour. He lifted his head and his charcoal black eyes softened to a chocolate brown. The sharp features of Dark faded and the soft features of Mark replaced them. "Y/N, are you ok? I-I'm sorry, I really am. I don't know what happened. Dark, he-he gets really possessive and controlling. It's hard to stop him. He's good at everything else, but the one thing he isn't, is communicating. He's never had to communicate before. Did he hurt you?" "N-no. I'm f-fine." "Are you sure?" "Mark, he didn't touch me at all." He didn't answer just picked you up bridal style and placed you in his lap. You snuggled into his chest and he stroked your hair. "I promise you Y/N, from now on, I'll be more careful with Dark. I won't ever let him do that to you again. I-I promise. Forever." "Thank you Mark. I love you." You said as you began to drift to sleep. Just before you fell asleep in Mark's arms you heard him whisper; "I love you, so much. And that will never change."
-----------------------------
I hope this is better than the previous ones. The last chapter I'm really proud of, and Chapter 6 as well, but the rest are meh. I don't want them to be meh I want them to be perfect. But can't change it now. Hopefully the next chapter can be better!