16. What is He?

She hesitates at first but grabs my hand. I pull her up. She dusts off the dirt from her dress once she's stable.

"Thank you." She says, not bothering to look into my eyes. I take a step closer to her. I try to lower my head to see her face but she hides herself with her arm.

"How are you and Jimin doing?" I ask her. She lifts her head and finally looks at me as I straighten myself, though I am not straight.

"Did he already tell you?" Her voice is somewhat deprived.

"Did he tell me what?" I act like I don't know anything because maybe, just maybe, he's trying to fool me again.

"Sorry. It's nothing." She let out a faint smile. She is about to go but I hold her wrist.

"What is it?" I ask her. Her muscles tense. I need answers and I want to clear things up. She slowly turns her face back at me, tears are visible on her cheeks.

"I know he told you already. But please let Jimin love me back. I like him." She begs.

"But Eunji, we love each other. You can't take that away from us." I take a step towards her and pull her wrist to make her face me.

"You're both hurting and that's not how love works." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Then, what do you know about love, Eunji?" I cross my arms. She sighs.

"Please let him go. I love him and I know he'll love me back. He is just confused." She keeps on insisting.

"But Eun--" I complain.

"OR ELSE, I WILL KILL MYSELF!" She screams, filling the empty hallway with consecutive echoes, almost making my ears ring. I'm shocked by what she just said. I can't do anything but just to say yes.

"Okay." I whisper and walk my way back to Halla without saying a word.

"Thank you, Jungkook." This is not what my heart wants but this is for the better. I can't let anyone die because of our love. Love is indeed powerful. A tear fell down on my cheek as I quickly search for Halla. I go to the gymnasium, hoping that she is there.

"Jeon! I'm up here, man!" She shouts. I search for her at the top seat. I run to her and seat beside her.

"You're earlier than I expected. What happened?" She holds my hand and places her other hand above mine.

"I let Jimin go. I don't want Eunji to kill herself just because I love Jimin. And if we're really for each other, we will meet some other time." I explain, "Maybe that's what our janitor meant. Sacrificing."

"Wait, what? Did you say janitor?" She leans her face closer to mine.

"Yes, a good janitor actually." I smile, remembering our conversation.

"Janitor?" She can't believe what I just said.

"Yes, a janitor. What's wrong with being a janitor?" I ask her, half offended.

"Dude, you're creeping me out." She shifts on her seat.

"What do you mean?" I'm starting to shiver.

"We never had a janitor since last year. The students just volunteer to clean the school after school hours, so there's no way a janitor or a student was talking to you." She says. I think for a moment. When the Janitor left the restroom, Halla came afterwards.

"Did you happen to bump into someone before giving the food to me in the rest room?" I ask her.

"No, sorry, why?" I notice that her eyes were so beautiful. I don't know what I'm feeling but I know it makes me feel happy.

"That's when he talked to me."

"Oh my freaking sh*t! You talked to a ghost." She gasps and covers her mouth.

"Ghosts aren't real, Halla." I sigh.

"Then what was it?" She asks, "There's no way someone will be there at that time. Teachers have their own rest room."

"I don't know, Halla. I know there's no way that's a student. His voice sounded like he was in his mid-40's." Good thing I still remember some bits about him.

"Jesus... What if he's a psycho?" She says her thought.

"No, he is nice." I defend.

"I don't know, man." I watch her put her hands above her head and closes her eyes while leaning on the chair. She looks beautiful. How her hair falls perfectly. How her mouth hang open, making it look like she's peaceful, despite the fact that she's really loud and somewhat has a f*cked up life yet she matches my f*cked up. No, no, no. I shouldn't be feeling this way. I lean closer to her.

"Will you go out with me?"

---

Vote / Comment :)

I regret doing Chapter 10... *cries in shame ㅠ.