28. Missed

I hear a faint knock on the door. Since I'm standing next to the door, I still can hear it. I wear my shoes first, before opening the door. I twist the knob, keeping my head down and open it to see who knocked the door. I raise my head to look at the person. By surprise, it's Jimin standing right in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I lean myself on the side of the door.

"I'm sorry." He looks deep into my eyes.

I look at him annoyed, straightening my posture, "Why do you keep doing that?"

"Doing what?" He takes a step forward.

I take a step back, "You keep pushing people away, then wanting them back if you get bored again."

"I don't." He defends.

I scoff,  "You're too oblivious of what you're doing."

"I'm sorry. I was just shocked about Eunji's pregnancy, but then I realized that I really love you." He takes a step back, looking down at the ground.

"You keep hurting me, and this is unhealthy. And now, you want me back again? Am I just some kind of an option to you?"

"No. It's not like that. I love you and my daughter." He holds my hand, entering my house, "I want to have a child. After Eunji gives birth to my daughter, we'll raise her as our own and I'll leave Eunji for you — for us."

"You're worse than I thought." I push him back out and slam the door on his face. He knocks on the door multiple times.

"Please forgive me! I'm so sorry. I won't hurt you anymore, I promise. Cross my heart, hope to die." He cries against the door. "Please, Jungkook." He sobs. Jimin always cries because of me. I cry because of him. We get hurt because of us - because of our relationship. Are relationships supposed to be like that?

"AHH!" He yelps in pain. I immediately open the door. He is kneeling down, holding his head with his hands. His back is facing me. 

"Jimin!" I kneel down beside him and place my hand on his back, "Are you alright?"

He shakes his head violently, "NO!" He cries, tears are visible on his face. What happened to him?

"What happened?" I lean my face closer to his.

"My father... that monster." He raises his head but he is not looking at me.

"You remembered?" I ask him. No, it doesn't make sense. The Jimin I loved before him is dead or maybe they both have horrible fathers.

"He tried to kill me." He says, clenching his jaw.

"Where is he?" I ask. He looks at me and lowers his head back down.

"He is dead. I don't want to talk about it." He closes his eyes. I look around us. The street is covered with snow. I start to shiver.

"Come inside. It's cold here." I help Jimin get up and walk us inside. I close the door after us.

Jimin holds my hands, "I am really sorry." A tear rolls down his cheek. I don't know if I should forgive Jimin this time because every time I forgive him, he always ends up hurting me.

"I promise not to hurt you anymore." But hey, love sometimes hurts and maybe this time he won't break the promise. What could go wrong, right?

I sigh, "Okay." I say, nodding my head.

Jimin looks around the house, "Where is your family?" He asks.

"My mom and sister went out to the salon, and my father is working." I say, looking back at him while we walk upstairs.

"Why are we going in your room and not in the living room instead?" He asks. This guy just keeps on asking.

"I feel more comfortable in my own territory." I say, taking a step on the last staircase.

"But this house is your territory, isn't it?"

"No. It's--" I sigh. It's not my territory, it's my family's, too. I can have my own privacy inside my room. I want to explain it to him but I don't know how to say it in words, "Nevermind."

Before we could enter my bedroom, Jimin speaks, "There is something I've been wanting to ask you."

I lean my back on the wall and look at him, "What is it?" I notice that he still not removing his jacket. "Remove your jacket, you're sweating." I reach my hand for his jacket and help him take it off. After the jacket is taken off, he lets me hold his jacket, "What do you want to ask me?"

He takes a deep breath, "Jungkook," He lowers his head and chuckles. He takes a breath again and looks at me straight in the eyes, "Do y-- do you love me just because I look like the Jimin you went out with?" My palms begin to sweat. I never thought about that, but I think what he said was right. I saw him and thought of Jimin; I thought of Jimin and I began to love him.

He laughs but tears are visible in his eyes, "Why did I say that? I shouldn't have asked you that." He holds my free hand, pulling me inside my room, "Come on. I suddenly felt tired."

He lays himself down on the left side of my bed, closing his eyes and drifts off to sleep, instantly. I kneel down on the ground beside my bed, watching him sleep. I pull his hair back, making his forehead show. I kiss his forehead and whisper, "I'm sorry."

I stand up and make my way to the kitchen to eat. I was supposed to go somewhere before Jimin came but I think no one is waiting for me anymore.

---

Vote / Comment :)