27. I'm Sorry But...

Jungkook's POV

I sit in the café where Jimin used to work as a working student. He called, earlier, and told me that he has something to tell me. I always get excited when Jimin calls me, but this time I didn't get excited, I got nervous. And I am still nervous. I shouldn't be over thinking things. That is bad, it would only make things worse.

I tap my foot impatiently, scanning the whole café. He isn't still showing up. He is already a half hour late. I hear the bell chime, as the door opens. I quickly lift my head up to look at who opened the door. It's Jimin. He looks around the café, searching for me. His gaze stops at me and walks his way to me.

"Sorry, I'm late. I won't be long, though." He says, taking a seat across me. I hold his hand and play with his fingers. I smile at him, contently.

"It's fine." I lick my lips, "Are we going to watch a movie?" I ask him. He removes my hand from his and places his hands inside his jacket.

"I'm sorry but," He sighs, "I think we should stop seeing each other."

My smile turns into a frown, "No, why?"

He lowers his head, "I think it's for the best."

"No, you know I can't stand not seeing for a day." I try to take a grip on his jacket, "And I know you feel the same way, too."

"I know, but this is the right thing to do." He isn't bothering to look at me just for a second.

"Please don't do this Jimin." I beg, "I can't live without you"

"You can, alright!" He stands up from his seat. The customers look at us and start to whisper.

"It has been more than two years, Jimin, since we met." I look up at him, "Why would you let it go to waste this easy."

"Eunji is pregnant, Jungkook!" He shouts, pointing at me multiple times. He is near from crying, "I'm going to be a father. I can't bare seeing myself going out with you while my girlfriend is pregnant with my daughter."

I sigh and lower my head down, "Okay." Eunji is pregnant. I can't do anything against that.

"Sir, I think you should go now." The manager asks Jimin in a calm manner, "We can't tolerate this kind of actions inside the café."

"Fine, I'm leaving." He throws some money on our table and leaves together with the manager. I lean my elbows on the table and cover my face with my palms in frustration. I take a deep breath trying to let everything happened sync in my head. I try to hold back the tears but it's no use. After waiting for him for so many years it all went to waste in just a second. I pull my phone from my pocket and dial Halla's number. It rings twice before she picks it up.

"Hey! Jungkook. What is it?" I hear her voice from the other side of the line. I want to tell her what happened but it makes me want to cry even more.

"Are you crying?" She asks worriedly, "Where are you?" 

"At the café, where he  used to work."  I sob. The people must be looking at me right now, wondering why am I still here after being dumped by my boyfriend.

"Wait there. I'm coming." She says. I can hear her panicking in her room. I nod and hang up.

I drop my phone on the table, carelessly. Halla is not studying nor working this time. She met a guy from her vacation and he was rich. I don't know if she loves him, but I hope she does. He is good-looking and the same age as hers. She depends her life on her boyfriend. I can't tell her to do what's right because it's her life and I know she won't even listen to me for just a second. I see Halla walk inside the café, looking for me. She gives me a worried look and walks her way to me.

"He is gone." I cry on her shoulder, hugging her. She rubs my back to calm me down.

"Oh my gosh. I thought you guys were doing fine. What the f*ck happened?"

"Eunji is pregnant with his daughter." I lower my head down while she sits across me, where Jimin sat earlier.

"I bet he'll come back for you after. He is a fool for you like the old Jimin. The only problem is the daughter and Eunji." I look at her, "I heard that she is going crazy. In addition, she is pregnant. Maybe Jimin should've took a research before he decided to go out with her."

I look at her in disbelief, "Where did you get those kind of information?"

"Sources." She says.

"She did plan to kill herself when we were in high school. But that was FIVE years ago. Things change, just like Jimin's feelings towards me. It changed so fast."

"I won't believe that. I know he still loves you. He just stayed away from you because he is having a daughter. Think about it, remove the kid from the story, do you think he will still love you? Pretend that earlier didn't happen, do you think you're still the one he is in love with?"

"I don't know." I sigh.

She hits my forehead, "'Yes' is the answer. Don't be so hard on yourself. Live."

"You know what?" She stands up, "You should take a rest. Do you want me to stay with you for the night?"

"No, I'm fine. I don't want to be ambushed by your boyfriend." I cross my arms.

"Why? He is not that bad, he is actually pretty nice. He doesn't look like it, but he is." She smiles.

"You're in love, aren't you?" I tease.

She laughs, "I'll drop you home, come on."

---

Vote / Comment :)