19. Sick

"Hey, Jieun. Where are you?" I tap my foot subconsciously.

"Sorry, Kook. I can't come to school. I'm sick." She coughs on the other line.

"Aww, poor thing. Our top student is sick. Get well soon. I love you." I whisper on my phone as I watch our teacher enter our classroom.

"I love you, too." After that she hangs up. We say I love you's to each other but don't think that in a wrong way. We love each other as friends. Well, she has a boyfriend. I'll let you guess who is her boyfriend. Tip: The guy with the strong facial features is her boyfriend. He changed really. He was no longer the bad ass sh*t I used to know, he turned into an angel. My wallpaper suddenly popped up.

"Well ChimChim, at least I have you." I traced the picture of my maltese that Jimin gave me. While tracing ChimChim's cute face on my screen, Jimin's mother's name popped up on my phone. I quickly stand up and excuse myself. I answer my phone, after.

"Hello, Mrs. Park, what's wrong?" I say while closing the door after me. I hear sniffling from the other line. And it's starting to worry me.

"What's wrong? Please tell me." I lean my forehead on the wall.

"Jimin." She sob. My eyes widen. What happened?

"Oh my gosh. What happened to Jimin?" I walk, more like I run my way to the exit as soon as I heard his name.

"He won't answer the door and I can't hear him move in his room." I can hear her pacing back and forth in the house from the other line.

"I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Please do. I need you. He needs you." I hang up and run my way to his house. Good thing the guard is not looking.

"Where is he?" I ask Mrs. Park as soon as I enter their house.

"Upstairs. Please help him." She begs, holding my fore arm. I look around the house, it looks empty.

"Where is his brother?" I turn to her.

"He went camping with his fellow boy scouts. You're my last chance." I nod and run for his door. It's locked. Being a former football player made it easy to break the door. The broken door scraped my skin but I could care less. All I cared about this time is Jimin.

"Jimin!" I call when I reach the inside of his room. His mom is behind me. No one is there. The bed is neatly made. I hear the water flow in his bathroom. I hurry my way to the door.

"Jimin." I knock on his door three times. He is not answering. This is when I start to panic even more. I break the door easily than the other one. The water floods and reaches my ankles.

"My son." His mom cries and walks beside tub. Jimin's body is sunken under the water.

"No." She whimpers, trying to get him off the tub. He is pale and lifeless. I'm frozen and I don't know what to do. I want to wake up from this nightmare but it hurts, because deep in my heart I know this is really happening.

"Jungkook, help me." I wipe the tears off my face and walk to help her. I couldn't bare to look at his face, it hurt even more. I got him out of the tub. I hold his cold body. I try to do CPR on him but he won't come back.

"No, no, no. Jimin, please don't die on me." I cradle him in my arms. I gently pat his cheek.

"Please wake up. Don't go." I beg as I hug him tight. I put my hand on the back of his head to support him. "He's not dead." I keep on repeating that inside my head.

"He's dead..." His mom whispers. I look up at her.

"No, he isn't. Please don't say that." My voice cracks. My vision is becoming blurry.

"Jimin, don't leave me." I whisper on his shoulder as I rock him back and forth in my arms, planting a kiss on his neck, "Forever and always?"

---

Vote / Comment :/