Outtake Numero Tres: The Flower

BONUS TRACK (again):

Maine was on a late grocery run.

She was wearing an unwashed leggings and a ratty sweater under her parka. Her hair was a mess. Her eyebags were saying hello. Her basket were all ramens and lunchables.

And here comes this dashing guy, looking dapper in his coat and scarf. He looked like a GQ model walking on a catwalk that is the grocery aisle. Kulang na lang ang hangin effect.

RJ was neither smiling nor frowning. What he was doing was messing up her feels with the intense eye-to-eye contact he had going on with her.

When he reached her, he took a flower from the inside of his coat and offered it to her.

"Huuy! Seryoso ba to?"

"I had a feeling I was going to see you today."

Maine pursed her lips as her cheeks flushed. There was churning in her stomach and her chest was feeling light as she accepts the flower.

"Buti na lang nakita na kita. Medyo kaninang umaga ko pa bitbit yan." Napakamot sa batok si RJ. Tinamaan din ng hiya.

Hindi alam ni Meng ang gagawin kaya hinampas niya si RJ ng binigay nitong bulaklak. "Wag ka ngang pa-fall!"

Kung gaano kapula ang pisngi ni Maine ay ganun din yata kapula ang tenga ni RJ.

"Ikaw kasi pa-fall ka din e."

He looked like a shy five-year old kid with his sheepish smile.

"Wag ka nga! Isako kita dyan eh!"

"Pwede naman. Basta pag isinako mo ko, i-uuwi mo na rin ako."

"Ewan ko sayo, andami mong alam! O? Wag ng hihirit! Pe-pektusan talaga kita!"

"Ambayolente naman nito! Para nagbigay lang ng flower, isasako na, pepektusan pa."

His dimple was showing. His smile was making her weak in the knees.

"Wag kang ngingiti, lumalabas ang kaisa-isang dimple mo. Marupok pa naman ako!"

She poked his cheek. He could not not smile with her then.

"Alam mo ba, kahit yung kapitbahay ko sa apartment hindi ko araw-araw makita; ikaw bumibinggo ka na!"

"Hulaan mo. One word. Tagalog. Starts with the letter T."

"Wag ako. Please. Wag ako."

Her tone was light but RJ could see the sudden hesitation in her eyes like she was poised to withdraw from him.

So he let it go.

"Sige na, oo na. Kunyari walang nangyari. Nakapulot ka lang ng flower sa grocery store."

"Hurt ka yata?"

"Hindi ah. Go-grocery lang ako o." He grabbed the nearest item on the shelf beside them.

Which turned out to be a box of Trojan.

Maine's jaw dropped.

When RJ saw what he was holding, biglang niyang naitsa ang maliit na kahon sa gulat.

"Jusmiyo!"

"Hahaha! Pulitin mo yun! Wag kang magkalat dito uy!"

"For the record, wala talaga yun sa grocery list ko. I swear!"

He picked the offending item off the floor and put it back on the shelf.

And together, they shopped. Separately but together. 

That was the night she stopped counting their meetings.

That was also the first night she believed that she's gonna see him again. Because tadhana shizz.

---

Yo! Ang outtake na ito ay kasalanan ng #MaiChardonSPS at ng Magnolia Ice Cream segment prod nila. (At ang pahabol na date sa Sofitel.)

Outtake talaga to pero sinubukan ko namang lagyan ng plot na pang-usad ng kwento natin. Comment kayo kung nagustuhan nyo. Vote din.

Sorry medyo fluffy! Maichard kasi e :D Hopefully, my brain (and feels) will get back to its regular programming. Next update will be a real chapter na talaga. Hope you enjoyed this!

-Eris xox