Drained Diamonds and drugged Dogs.

David Bowie POV.

The Diamond Dogs tour had began, half the time I never wore the wig that Angie liked so much. It was itchy and old fashioned now, for a model, my wife never kept up with fashion. Even I was more in fashion than she was these days...!

The more time I spent in America the more me and Angie argued, the more stressed I got. She loved trying to frighten me, she shouted too often at me... Thankfully never in front of Zowie.

I understood everything and every feeling Ros had been having for the past couple of months. It's been horrid. The only problem was, I'm married to my problem, whereas Ros could walk away without a single headline about her and Kevin.

I spent many nights wandering the streets of New York. I had cigarette after cigarette...

Just- one- more.

I kept telling myself, I wanted to relax, but not even the fags were helping...

"Nice show tonight David, truly wonderful." Margo smiles to me walking me back to the apartment.

"Yeah. I guess it was alright." I sigh sadly... I just wasn't myself at the moment. Angie was once again, really putting me down.

After the concert, my own lyrics of Diamond Dogs were buzzing around in my head, Margo for once, didn't have her head glued to the phone. She was actually just walking, just silent. It amazed me how quiet she had gone, it was just us walking together, no words said.

The silence was daunting and suddenly a guy pushed into me. I instantly say sorry, but the strange man kept walking...

What was that about?

"You ok David?" Margo asks checking on me, I just nod and I puzzle at the guy but think nothing of it.

I sigh again: "Margo," I cough to grab her attention. "How about you go home? You must be exhausted. See you tomorrow, goodnight." I smile to her and she smiles back tiredly.

"If you need me I'm-"

"- A phone call away. Yes, I know Margo, and thank you." I mutter and she smiles again and starts to walk home.

I stand there, under a bright headlamp in the middle of the street, for New York, it was suspiciously quiet... Unusually quiet. Every minute that passed it got colder, lonelier, to warm my hands up slightly and to distract myself, I put my hands in my pockets, in one pocket, I felt a plastic bag, I pulled it out and my eyes adjust to whatever the plastic bag contained... Then it became clearer...

Drugs.

I gulp telling myself... I open it and tip a little into my hands. For sure, the man that bumped into me had smuggled drugs onto me.

No David, no... But-

This was my last resort to relax, without Ros, what could I use to calm myself down?!

I raised my hand up to my nose and sniffed it, the smell was rich and was definitely heroin... Small particles of it had already drained into my system and I started to feel better. I inhaled more now, starting to feel light headed and giddy. This felt like a completely new kind of drunk...! This stuff was good!

I finished the packet and saw the world sway side to side, I laughed hard at this image. I couldn't walk straight. I was alone, taking drugs alone on a street in New York.

The swaying started to make me feel sick... My head felt dizzy and I suddenly felt extremely unwell... Before I knew it I vomited all over the pavement.