Be my princess

I was unable to do anything more than reel in shock when a knocking suddenly echoed through the room.

" Cynthia! what's the hold up? You're still not ready?! "

oh no! could that be the escort Cynthia mentioned?! How should I respond.....

" Are you even listening Cynthia? Forget this....I'm coming in!"

" W-wait! "

Flinging the door open, a young man burst into the room

" For god sake Cynthia, How long do you expect me to wait for ....Huh?" he said " you're ......... not Cynthia."

wh-what should I do

We both stared at each other, frozen in place.

======

We still hadn't said a word, me and the stranger who had suddenly appeared.

He was the first to recover his wits.

" I must have wrong room......only I don't. You're really not Cynthia, right? " the guy asked " Am I going senile already"

" No.....The thuth is that Cynthia just left." I replied

" What?! She left?! Why would she do that?! ?! "

" Please let me explain from the start...."

I told him everything that had happened between Cynthia and me since I had entered the room.

" Idiot....it's just like her, of course. And that's how you got dragged into her mess ,is it? " the guy just said

" More .....or less" I said

" What a disaster. Let me apologize on her behalf. I'm really sorry for all of this trouble."

" Oh, its not such a big deal...."

He seems to be pretty close to Cynthia. Is he the one she's dating.......But then.....

" Look at my manner. I have not introduced myself, I'm Roberto."

" Oh, I'm Alexia Brooks"

Hmm, But why does it feel like I know him from somewhere.......?

And I'm quite sure that the crest he is wearing belongs to some noble house or another....

Could it be that this man is actually someone terribly important......?

He peered into my unsure face with a laughing expression.