Your own pack

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia." Scott informs Alison, Stiles and I.

"Waiting to kill her?" Alison ask in fear.

"If he thinks she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool." Scott admits with a hint of worry.

"It's not her." I state fiercely.

"Devin, she didn't pass the test. Nothing happened." Scott argues with me.

Stiles moves closer to me and wraps and arm around me. "No, Devin is right, it can't be her."

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her." Alison buts into our dispute.

"I know Derek, and I know he won't do anything here, at least at school." I say giving everyone a little peace knowing she is safe for a while.

"What about after school? What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?" Alison ask trying to come up with something.

"By three o'clock?" Stiles ask dumbfounded.

"There could be something in the bestiary." Alison thinks out loud.

"Oh, you mean the 900 - page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles sarcastically sassed.

"Well actually I can decipher some but I know someone who could help a little more." I step in.

"Uh, I can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott says seriously.

"What does that mean?" Alison ask a little hurt.

"That you can't heal like I do. I just don't want you to get hurt." Scott tells Alison.

"Hey news flash buddy boy, I can." I raise my hand so he can acknowledge me.

"I can protect myself. What? Did something else happen?" Alison states showing her crossbow.

"I just don't want you getting hurt. Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I - I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can. We have until 3:00." Scott tells Alison.

While the two love bird were talking I notice Stiles playing with Alison's crossbow. "Stiles put that down!" I hiss as he plays with.

But of course he does pay attention and hits the trigger sending an arrow flying at Scott. Thank Stiles lucky stars Scott caught the arrow. "Ah. Sorry. Sorry. Sensitive trigger on that." He mutters.

"Alright so Alison you take the book to Morrell and Stiles and I will go make a plan of some sort." I instruct as we all walk out of the closet.
********
"If we're doing a study group, why didn't we just stay in the library?" Lydia questions as we rush down the hallway.

"Because we're meeting up with somebody else." Stiles says as he pushes us down the hall.

"Hmm, well, why don't they just meet us in the library?" Lydia ask making me groan.

"Oh damn that's a good idea. Oh well to late." I shrug.

"Okay, hold on -" Lydia tries.

"Lydia, shut up and walk." Jackson snaps. Yes we had to bring Jackson, it's a long story.

Stiles rushes us all to Scott's house in hopes of some safety there. "If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia inquires as we walk in.