He's got a very distinct cranium

"So this kid's the real killer?" The sheriff ask looking at the year book in which we had circled Matt's picture.

"Yea." Stiles nods leaning back in the desk chair.

"No." He shakes his head.

Stiles eyes go wide. "Yes!"

"No." The sheriff repeats again.

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay?" Stiles exclaims standing up.

"So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." I butt in trying to add more detail.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." He shoots back at us.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry." Stiles throws his hands up. "Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." The sheriff says making Stiles turn to me cringing in anger. "Scott, do you believe this?"

Stiles throws his hands up at his dad and moves closer to me. "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott tries assuring him.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explains once again.

At this point he turns to me. "Devin, come on you're a smart girl, do you really believe this?"

I send him a soft smile and nod. "Why would we make this up?" I ask softly.

The sheriff rolls his eyes at us. " All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles exclaims pausing for effect. "swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years." The sheriff looks at us wide eyed thinking this is really our reason.

Deciding now would be a good time to help I lean forward. "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" He nods.

Stiles and I immediately turn to Scott for this one. "We need to look at the evidence."

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." He sassily says.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles practically begs.

"Trust you?" The sheriff ask pointing at his son.

"Trust... Trust them?" Stiles ask throwing an arm around me and pointing at Scott. Both of us flash a smile.

"These two I trust." He nods agreeing.
********
Walking into the station we follow behind papa Stilinski quietly.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whisper as he dad talks to the deputy on duty.

"Why?" I ask quietly.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?" Stiles ask raising an eyebrow.

"The pregnant girl, Jessica." Scott recollects.

"Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him." I nod at Stiles words. That true someone, somewhere, had to have seen him.