The best is yet to come...

Ahaan:

I wake up to Adira calling me and God my head hurt. What's the time again? I felt dead, but my phone kept vibrating. It was 3 a.m. What was wrong? I nearly freaked out when I answered. And I could actually picture that she was smiling on the other end.

" What is it baby.? Are you ok? I am worried? ", I asked her.

"I'm ok", she replied. "I just missed you. Today we completed 2 months and I couldn't sleep. So I just called you to tell you that I love and I am really lucky to have you. Don't kill me for waking you up at this hour please."

Oh god. I loved her so much. We stayed up talking for hours. By the time we said goodbye it was 6 a.m. She thought I had forgotten. I let her believe I had. But come on, how could I?
There was no way I would let the day pass without surprising her. We were meeting up at 5. And although I hadn't really planned something great, I hoped she would like it.

Adira:

I climbed up the stairs in a hurry. Ahaan kept calling me and asked me to hurry for the millionth time. He was always impatient. No matter what happened. He refused to wait. He always wanted things fast and quick. God what will I do with him. I stepped on the roof and heard my phone ring again. He heard me and turned around. He. Looked. Amazing. He was wearing a plain blue shirt with black jeans and he had put a lot of effort into his hair. I could say that because usually they were messy because he always ran his hands through his hair when he was nervous. Today they looked neat and in place. And he was amazing. His smile. He was smiling as though he had seen something so heavenly beautiful.
" I'm only yours baby. Stare at me all you want"

Wait what? no, I was not staring at him. Okay maybe I was but he looked that good.  He took my arm and led me up to a spot that I had never seen before. It was very secluded with the trees covering the entire view from there. A few branches acted like a roof on top of us. The place was small but I loved it.

There were two chairs put there and the sun was setting. I sat on one of the chairs and Ahaan sat in front of me. " Happy anniversary bacha!" he said smiling like a kid. He called me bacha which meant kid in hindi because he thought that I was a baby. I wasn't. He looked so good.

" Happy anniversary baby." I could feel how happy he was and that was all that mattered. "I love you so much," I said kissing his cheek. "I love u too," he said, and he hugged me so tight I felt my bones would crush. But it didn't matter. He was mine and he made me feel like I was the happiest person alive and all I could think of was that I wanted to be there for him. And I was going to.