"you...are such a loser!"

the night was pitch black and the stars were scattered around randomly. the sand below jeremie's feet felt like ice and the cool air gently swayed around her. she sat on the wooden log warming herself up near the fire they had lit up. the flames danced around beautifully adding to the beauty of this night. she stretched the sleeves of her cardigan until they covered her fingers and crossed her arms waiting for justin to join them. he stood near the water. he was on the phone talking to someone. she could see the smile that played on his lips. he seemed so happy, she wondered who he was talking to. moreover, she wondered whether he was talking to a 'he' or a 'she'. she cursed herself for being so ridiculous. how typical of me! she thought. scarlet was seated on kevin's lap and they were indulged into a passionate and a little gross kind of a kiss. jessie sat there awkwardly talking on the phone. probably with taylor. taylor was jessie's crush. recent crush actually. he was from her gym and it was clear he had a thing for her too. jeremie wondered why they wouldn't admit it to each other but then again, maybe it was cuter this way. catherine and matt were walking hand in hand along the shore and the water gently touched their feet. how romantic! jeremie thought. not that she was bored, like that night was flawless and she was enjoying so much but then it was clear everyone was having much more fun. she got up and walked towards the water. she stood there for a while enjoying the breeze. she was like miles away from where the others were. but then it didn't matter since the others hadn't even noticed her absence. soon she was joined by someone. she turned around to noice steve standing beside her. this time she didn't walk away. she would just simply ignore him. 

"so."  he started. "enjoying?" he asked.

"why are you here?" she snapped.

"whoa, this is a public place babe. i can be wherever i wanna be." steve replied with an ugly grin and slid an arm around jeremie's waist. jeremie caught hold of his arm and pushed it away. her eyes were as wide as an ostrish's now. she hated this guy! 

"don't ever touch me again!" she said and started walking away. once again she felt his arm on hers. he pulled her close. "c'mon jeremie, you know you're into me okay. it's as clear as this night. so just give up." he said. jeremie tried to free herself but his grip was tight around her wrist.

"leave me now." she said through gritted teeth.

"or what princess?" he asked, coming closer. 

jeremie wished she hadn't come so far away. she wished she had her friends right now. she wanted to kill this guy. chop him into pieces because that's what he deserved. she looked up at his very surprisingly innocent face. who could tell there was such a despo behind this face. she jerked his hand away, finally freeing herself from his grip. her wrist ached. it ached badly. 

"you" she said pointing steve. "are such a loser!" she said, tears ready to burst out of her eyes. she turned around and started walking to where the others were. 

"hey jeremie, where were you? we were looking for you." justin said as soon as he spotted jeremie coming their way. he had a smile on his face like he always did when he saw jeremie but this time something seemed wrong. jeremie's face. her eyes looked puffed, as if she had just gotten rid of tears. he noticed the frown on her face and now, she did fake a smaile too. he wondered what was wrong. and he genuinely wanted to know. she sat down next to him and looked at the fire so deeply he could sense, somthing had just messed up. he looked at her until she finally noticed and raised her brows questioning him. he shook his head and looked down at the sand that covered his fit-flops. matt had his guitar on and was singing the chorous of boulevard of broken dreams and everyone including justin joined him. everone swayed along with the music except jeremie. she was in this other world of her's at this moment. she was thinking about the incident with steve. he had crossed all his limits and she never ever wanted to see him again. she did not have anything to think about particularly. she was just a little scared by what had happened today and she couldn't stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks no matter how hard she tried. she felp someone nudghing her and she turned around to see justin smiling at her.she smiled back. it was so hard not to smile back at him. so hard. his perfectly perfect smile could make anyone smile. anyone-

"guys, we need water." jessie interrupted jeremie's chain of thought.

"we don't have any?" asked matt. jessie shook her head.

"there's this water cooler by a little five minutes away. you really want it ya'll can go fill it." kevin said.

"ohkay, anyone coming with me?" jessie asked.

"i'll join you." said jeremie and within a second she was on her feat and beside jessie.