The (Inverse) Love Triangle - Chapter 9

Matt's POV

I woke up to two things. A gruesome hangover and someone snuggled right into my chest. Okay. I might have woken up in this situation a few times but when i looked up and saw the beautiful canopy bed, i totally had no idea where i was. And someone was growling at me.

I looked down. Aww shucks.

Emily's POV 

I was having such a nice dream when i felt someone touching my hair. It wasn't in my dream so i decided now would be the right time to open my eyes. I opened my eyes and the first thing i saw was a solid, muscular chest. Uh-oh. Which i had my arms wrapped around.

Hoping not to wake whoever it was i was snuggled so closely with, i slowly disentangled myself and looked up. Matt.

He had a weird smirky smile on his face. I pulled my quilt higher up and simultaneously registered two things. One, Matt was sleeping with me in my bed. And two, Matt and I were very under-dressed. I only had on a bra and PJ shorts and Matt was only wearing PJ shorts.

The evenings events flooded back to me.

All of a sudden it registered on Matts face too and he went a bright shade of fuschia. 

"Erm... Emmie - what happened? We didn't have... " 

He was fiddling like crazy. I smiled.

"No Matt. We didn't do ahem... " I trailed off.

"So then why am i here?" Matt asked.

"You fell asleep in the taxi and the taxi man wouldn't drop you off so i had to take you in."

"Oh... did you by any chance... ?"

"Yes Matt. I changed your clothes, you could hardly sleep in jeans in this weather."

"Oh erm thankyou." he said blushing again.

"I'm just going to dash in the shower. I'll only be a sec okay.."

"Okay Em."