The (Inverse) Love Triangle - Chapter 10

Matt's POV

I watched her run to the bathroom and i chuckled. She was a bit embarassed, it was adorable.

I replayed the nights events in my mind. That a-hole of a man. Who did he think he was touching Emily in appropriately! I was recently starting to feel very protective and defensive and I'd only known Em for a week.

I knew she was different from the other girls straight away when she came in on that first day. She didn't mess with her phone or check her face in a mirror like chicks tend to do. She was a refreshing change from the same old faces i'd seen since nursery! And i was adament to put my stamp on her. She was mine.

I thought again about home. It wasn't like anyone would miss me - he thought agnically.

Mum was dead - had died in childbirth with me and Dad blamed me for it. He took it upon himself to nitpick on my every fault and honestly - I was sick of him.

My only sibling - Peter - my elder brother by two years who was 20 and in the army. He'd gotten sick of Dad's moping and had grabbed his opprtunity with both hands. He was currently in Afghanistan and his 9 month deployment was nearly over.

He'd be coming home soon and i really looked forward to seeing him. He was theonly one who didn't blame me about Mum. It wasn't exactly my fault.

Matt sighed. All this reminiscing is depressing he thought as he lay back down to sleep.