Chapter Six

Hello my lovelies :) 

Just to clarify, there will no longer be anything happening parallel to 
(i.e being the flip-side of) Tongue-Tied. For example of what I'm talking about there, Chapter Two of this book is parallel to Chapter Fifteen of Tongue-Tied.

From this chapter on, this story will now begin to further the plot and 
this chapter occurs the day after the last chapter (Chapter Twenty-Eight) in Tongue-Tied.  

I've had a few questions, so I'm just going to answer them here. 

1. Will Todd and Jesse be back?

Yes. They all run in similar friendship circles, so there will be more Todd and Jesse in future chapters. I'm also considering starting a new work and writing mini (or full-length, depending) chapters of characters/scenes that pop into my head and won't leave, or chapters that I had written and didn't include in Tongue-Tied (Todd and Jesse's first time, past events that they talk about, etc). I still feel the need to write Todd and Jesse scenes and I need the outlet ahaha. I just can't decide if it's a good idea or not. 

2. Why didn't you end Tongue-Tied with Todd's father accepting Todd and Jesse's relationship?

I still need him to be a hateful little turd later on for plot reasons. If I have him accept them now, than my plot will be ruined. Sorry. 

3. When will the romance in this one start?

As soon as Chris gets fed up of being lied to. So, very, very soon. These first chapters are important because it helps set the scene to allow readers to understand Logan's reasons for doing things later.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOGAN'S POV

I throw my backpack under a bush in Jaden's front yard, before shifting around the heavy one still currently on my shoulders and walking up to knock on Jaden's front door. I swallow heavily as I listen to the sound of footsteps running through the house, suddenly feeling nervous. What if coming here was the wrong choice? I was going off the assumption that Jaden would just let me stay. It never occurred to me until now that there was a possibility that he would just say no.

I took a step back, feeling myself start to panic at the thought that I might have to live on the streets a lot earlier than I had planned to, with nowhere to stash my important things. The door was yanked open, cutting my panic short before it could take hold, and Jaden peered at me curiously, his eyes looking me up and down before a giant smile split his face.

"Can I stay tonight?" I blurted out nervously before he could say anything. I held my breath, and Jaden rolled his eyes.

"Of course you can. Stop stressing dude. Get in here." Jaden said, smiling, and a rush of relief went through me so fast that it left me feeling lightheaded. I stepped into his warm house, the contrast making me realise exactly how cold it was outside and I shivered, rubbing my arms.

I glanced backwards out the door before he closed it, double-checking that my second backpack couldn't be seen from where we were. Satisfied, I turned back around in time to see the worried look Jaden was giving me before his face smoothed over and he grinned at me again.

"Come on. You can dump your stuff in Brennan's room and then we'll play a game or something." Jaden said and I nodded, following him through the hallway down to where I would be staying again. I dropped my backpack just inside the room, blushing at the way Jaden's eyebrow rose at the heavy sounding clunk it made when it hit the ground. He turned around and walked out of the room without saying a word and I followed him, grateful that he wasn't demanding an explanation.