Time Never Waits.

-----Lydia's POV----

People tend to have the fear of not finding "the one" but I actually think the thought of knowing who your "the one" is but not being able to be with them or acknowledging the fact that they are no longer in the position to be with you anymore. Whether it's because they are taken, they are no longer in love with you or never was, it all hurts in the end. Sometimes things like this could have been avoided if you had made that one decision, on that one day, in that specific moment...

My name is Lydia Martin and it is one hour before the love of my life marries a girl I utterly hate.

Why do I hate her? It's because she will soon wear the ring that bonds her with my prince, she will be the one up there in the wedding gown, she will be the one up there saying I do as I sit by the aisle trying not to scream.

"Lydia? You're okay there?" asked Kira as she snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah" I shook my head, swirling a fancy sugar stick in my cocktail.

"You... sure?" asked Scott out of nowhere, his eyebrows raising, questioning my answer and to be honest I'm questioning my answer too. 

"Well, I will have to be for the next few hours and then I will be able to cry freely with a tub of ice cream" I laughed. Feeling pitiful for myself.

"You didn't have to come" said Scott gently, knowing exactly what was going on. 

"It's our best friend's wedding, I wouldn't miss it for the world" I replied as I stare blankly into the flowers right in front of me.

Skip ahead to all the pretending that I'm so insanely happy for Stiles to be marrying this stupid girl. Alice isn't even a nice name. Oh what the hell it's as cute as a bunny. A. Stupid. Fluffy. Bunny. I was able to hide my way through the process but now it's speech time, I'm going right after Scott since we knew him the longest on the table and I'm definitely not trying to run away. 

"Stiles... where do I start?" Scott laughed along with the others "You have....." This is when I completely zoned out and did not get the chance to listen to Scott's touching speech because I was too busy drowning myself in drinks. I quickly shook my head and began clapping along with the others as Scott said his last words. 

"I'm next now aren't I?" I laughed nervously holding onto my... how many?...glass of cocktail. "One of the most important thing a person could do in their life is to choose who they want to spend the rest of their life with" I paused, taking in a huge breath before continuing "It's one of the scariest thing to be honest. Why? Because if you made a mistake, one of your days will suddenly turn grey and out of nowhere, you're stuck with the empty pit in your stomach. However..." I raised my glass towards Stiles and Alice "if your decision was far from a mistake, your life will always be full of colours and never once be dull. One of the most amazing gifts I ever had was to have Stiles as my best friend (my eyes begin to water) he has stuck around through thick and thin. I hope I never took that for granted, I'm sorry if I did. I believe in faith, I believe that there are one special person for everyone and I also believe that you don't always have lots of chances to be with them. When it's gone, it's gone. Sometimes their chances doesn't meet, sometimes one gives up and it's okay because what matter is that we know who we truly belong with. (I smiled softly at Stiles) Even in the darkest times, Stiles. I will always be there for you even through your wildest dreams. No matter what... ( I held on to my tears) I will always...truly... completely... love you" I stopped as I stared into Stiles' eyes. I can feel trails of my tears running down my cheeks. "like a sister loves her brother... and a friend love a friend. Here's to the bride and groom" I quickly drop myself onto my chairs as people began clapping and cheering. Stiles wiped his tears quickly as Alice placed her head onto his shoulder.

As the crowd began chatting after the meal, I walked outside quietly. I sat myself by a fountain, my shoes thrown to one side and my long dress mushed up beside me. I hated myself so much because of all the time I should have told Stiles how I feel instead of taking his feelings for granted and not realising one day I won't have the chance anymore. Today's the day. Today's the day all my chances had run out. 

I'm now sat at the love of my life's wedding day, the one without me in the wedding gown, the one without the veil on my head, the one without the ring slipped onto my finger and the one without my "I do"...