Happily

The sky was pouring - that's one thing. I have no shoes on, I kicked off my heels running here. My mascara is dripping. Imagine a confused clown that was just saved from a pool, that's me. 

I bashed my clenched fist repeatedly upon the wooden door as I feel shivers running all over my body. I continued hitting the door until it finally swung open, a bewildered boy in a blue hoodie appeared. 

"Lydia? What the h-" The boy hesitated. "-What are you doing?" Stiles finally managed out after staring at me, his head spun cluelessly. 

"Wait, I'm sorry, oh my god, yo-" he looked around trying to comprehend. "Come in, come in, you must be cold"

"No, no, no" I shook my head, still breathing heavily from miles of running. "I have t-to tell you something". My heart began beating even faster, my body felt funny, I wasn't sure if it was just my body trying to remind me that I'm still alive and hypothermia is a thing or maybe it was just the butterflies acting up again. 

"Lydia, please, just come in, you're going to be sick" Stiles insisted as he unzipped his blue hoodie before wrapping it around me. 

"J-just let me speak" I covered his mouth, Stiles smiled in confusion with how silly I was. 

"Okay" he mumbled. 

"I don't know why this is happening now or why it didn't already happen a while ago. I'll try to make it quick before I start freezing to death but after this I'll probably start running away because I don't know what else to do. I- I- god damn it, Lydia" I hissed at myself as I rambled. "I- argh- I like you, a lot, an awful, awful lot. Every time I see you my heart skips a beat and I never knew what love is, chasing around guys pointlessly and none of them made me feel the way you do. It's different when I look at you. I see this thing that makes me feel all funny and weird - I also hate it, by the way, making me feel so vulnerable - but I never knew what it was - but I know when I see crowds of people, I look for you. When I feel out of place, seeing you just reminds me what home feels like. I'm sorry, Stiles, I really am. For everything. You're the only thing that makes me feel human again"

Stiles froze. His cinnamon eyes opened wide.

"I know it's a lot to take in-" my voice trembled. "I'm sorry for everything. You don't have to say anything back if you don't want to but just give me a sign, anything, please, a nod, a noise?"

I could feel the blood rushing through the individual veins in my body, my heart is still pumping and it was a mixture of being numb and cold and- 

"T-Thank you?" Stiles whispered, his expression frozen as if he saw something strange and could not wrap his mind around it.

"Oh. My. F-ing. God." I muttered blankly. "Stiles StILINSKI?? I PRETTY MUCH JUST POURED MY HEART OUT TO YOU AND YOU THANKED ME?" I yelled out in tears. "I WANT TO KILL YOU OH MY GOD YOU COULD HAV-" I pushed the taller boy but his hands caught me. 

Stiles giggled as he held onto my arms. "What? I'm sorry" he continued laughing.

"Why are you laughing??!" I struggled but couldn't move. "Would have freaking hurt less if you said something else or just simply reject me, I wouldn't have arghh?!?" 

"You're picking me up tomorrow at 7" Stiles smiled. 

"What are you even-?" my mind went blank.

"Jesus, Lydia. You're taking me out, aren't you?" Stiles brushed a small soaking strand of hair off my face. "Oh, and bring me flowers"

And just like that he swung the door shut. 

"Oh my god, I like this pie hole" I whispered to myself.

***HEYYYY! I hope you missed me because I missed you loads. It means so much to me knowing that you guys enjoy my work and continuing to read it until now. This is a little something for you guys - I've been horrible with getting anything done but this made me smile loads. I'm sorry for any errors. If you want more of this, leave a comment! Have a lovely day! All the love -n***