Chapter 5 - The Cliff

I study the photo closer still going crazy over the fact that, we found my brother! "I can't believe this you found him!" I say, she tries to speak but I keep rambling on "Where is he? Is he here? May I see him? I'm finally gonna get to..." She interrupts me "He isn't here, we only got the picture." I freeze over sadness and almost anger. "What..." I start, she notes my mixture of emotions. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but he's wanting to see you Eva." I turn to see one of the nurses "Okay..." I look to Liz and sigh, "Please keep trying..." I pause to think of that we at least made progress. "Please..." I say repeating it, just hearing myself and how close I am to crying to pleading, I'm so worthless, like my title.
A worthless is worthless...
I walk in the room and he is sitting up a little weak looking but he tries to look stronger as he notices me. "Hey..." He starts coughing a little. "Well the wing surgery went fine, that's to say I'm still alive..." He says looking down a little, "Wait how would you die from a wing surgery? It's only a wing!" I ask a little confused. "Well for a Winged a wing is almost like a lung, well we don't use it to breath but it's pretty important to our life. Surgery not done well could make us, well die!" He says, I look at him shocked "Oh?" I say still shocked, he shrugs. "Well I wanted to say, thanks." He says looking down a little more. "For what? Because I should thank you, you saved me! Plus that was the first time I finally saw a cloud up close." I say still feeling the strong wind burst in my lungs. "For holding my hand..." He says with a smirk "What?! I had to or I was going to fall!!" I say a little frantic. "I was only kidding! Don't freak out!" He says almost laughing at me. "If you weren't recovering I would punch you!" I say I little tense. He laughs, "No, but, really, thanks It was nice to have someone to struggle with instead of being alone!" He says his laugh starts to fade. "Well your welcome? Don't know what I did but your welcome!" I say a little confused still. All of a sudden Liz busts in "We found him he's on that same hill! I sent elves out to capture him!" I look at her scared of her sudden out burst then I think, my brother. They now where he is. I'm going to see him. I smile and Aden looks at me "Who?" I smile widely "My Brother..."