One

"To all passengers bound to Hong Kong, flight PR0300 you may now proceed to gate number 8 for boarding."

"To all passengers bound to Hong Kong, flight PR0300 you may now proceed to gate number 8 for boarding." The announcement came twice. And also repeated in Filipino.

Vida stood up when she heard the announcement. It is real now. She'll fly to Hong Kong to fulfill her dreams for her two children. She needs to support her family's needs and most importantly,  her children's education.

Right now her firstborn Marco is only in the daycare center. Her youngest Marie is not studying yet. But she must save for it because when her kids go to high school it will be more expensive. And she wants them to finish their studies. Her dream for them is to finish the course they wanted to take in college.

If only she has a responsible husband, she doesn't need to go far away and leave her children at their tender age.

Her husband. She thought that he will change his attitude when they have children. But he became even worst. If she never finds means to live they could've died starving.

She bought and sold any dried goods, sometimes dried fish and vegetable to sustain their daily meal. But her husband would only steal her income. Sometimes, if she denies that she earned nothing that day, he would beat her until she gave him the money she earned.

Painful truth. She is so tired of dishing out the vegetables and dried fish all day just to feed them, yet she still has to do all the housework. She woke up in the morning to run to the market and buy things to sell later. When she came back she will prepare for breakfast and look after the children. She will send Marco to school and carry Marie in her arms. And when she gets home, she will tidy up the house, wash their dirty clothes. Her indolent husband is still snoring. Still, she prepared something for him to eat. Before she left for her work she will leave his food on the table.

But there's a saying that once the tub was filled must also be cut.
So she decided and made up her mind. She must have to do something to will bring her out in her situation.

She asked for some help from her relative who is capable to get a passport.
She applied for work abroad in silence. When she got a visa she left her husband and brought her two children to her parent's place. She just told her parents about their situation with her children and her husband.

And now here she is. Standing in a queue. Only a few hours more and she'll be in Hong Kong.

She will be able to sustain the needs of her children. Never again that she will go back to her worthless husband.

While on the queue into the plane she texted her mother that she is boarding.

Her heart getting heavier as she's approaching the gate. But it is the only way to get away from her husband and above all for the future of her children. She held back her tears. Someday they will be together again. And never again to depart.

She heaves a sigh and prayed in silence, that God would hold her and never let her go.