Two

In less than two hours the plane finally touched the runway of the Hong Kong International Airport.

Feeling nervous about her new life ahead in this foreign land. When the aircraft finally fully parked and it was announced that they can leave the plane. She stood up too when she saw that passengers are queuing for the exit.

This is her very first time to work outside her country.
She followed the people, they all headed to immigration counters. There's a counter for visitors and for residents. She went for visitors. When she saw an airport officer she asked if that's the queue for a domestic helper. The airport officer said yes.

Her heartbeat beats, even more, faster as she's approaching the counter. When it's finally her turn, she doesn't know what to say. When she approached the officer she greeted him 'good afternoon', the officer replied and that made her relax.

"First time?" The officer asked while checking her papers.

"Yes." She replied.

"Here's your papers. Hope you'll like Hong Kong." The officer gave her back her things.

She thanked him and leave the counter.

She went to a baggage claim to get her luggage. She checked which conveyor would be the luggage from Manila. When she saw the conveyor she went there and wait for her luggage. After she finally had her luggage she went followed the arrow to exit. She saw too many people holding a placard, she read them.

She saw her name held by a British guy. She recognized him from their online interview. She walked towards him.

"Vida, welcome to Hong Kong." Extended his hand for a shaking hand.

"Thank you, Mr. Davies." She replied shaking his hand.

"We'll go this way." He said guiding her. And took her luggage from her hand.

"It's fine Mr. Davies, I can pull my luggage." She said.

"It's fine, Vida Don't worry." He replied and took the luggage.

She just says thank you. And let her boss pulled her luggage.

They went to a parking lot and the man opened the compartment of the car and put her luggage inside.

Then he opened the door of the passenger's seat.

"Get in." He said smiling.

She hesitated.

"Why?" The man asked when she didn't move.

"In the Philippines, it's unethical if you make your boss your driver." She replied

"Well, Vida you are in Hong Kong now." Her boss said.

She didn't say anything. She gets in and the man then walked to the driver's side, he opened his door and get in. He buckled his seatbelt and turned to her. When he saw that she's buckled up he started the engine.

"So this is your first time to work abroad?" The man asked.

"Yes, Sir!"

"No.no.no... No Sir. Just Robert."

"But..." She wanted to protest but he's her boss.

"Don't tell me that in the Philippines you must call your boss Sir." Her boss chuckled.

"Okay, Robert." She replied smiling.

"That's better. In our home, we call by name not Sir, Ma'am, Boss or anything." He added.

"Okay." She just said.

"You have two kids right? How old are they?" He asked.

"My son is four and my daughter is two" She replied.

"I see. They're still very young."
He said.

"Lyndon is also two. I told you before in the interview right?" He added.

"Yes." She replied.

"I'll tell you your duties later when we reach home," Robert said and focus on his driving.

"Okay"

After a maybe about an hour or so on the road, the car has finally entered into a small road going up and some turn down the narrow road. She could see the front of the gate. She saw that the man held up a remote and the gate opened.
Wealthy people really live in a high technology lifestyle she thought.

"Here we are." Announced her boss.

"Nice house." She said.

"Thanks!"

He parked the car in front of the house maybe that's their garage. She opened her door and came out. Her boss took her luggage from the compartment. He keyed in a combination of the door and it opened.

"I'll show your room so that you can unpack your things and get rest." He told her and he leads her up to the second level.

"This is Lyndon's room." He pointed at the room on the right. "And this will be your room" And opened the room opposite to the child's room.
"This is the best arrangement I think so you can attend Lyndon's needs immediately if he needed you." He continues.
"I'll leave you so you can unpack your things and you can take a shower and rest. Lyndon won't be here until tomorrow. He's with his mother. Every Friday his mother will pick him up from here and Sunday night I'll pick him up back here." He said.
"Okay, See you later Vida. Have some rest." He added and finally left her alone to take care of her things.

She opened her luggage and opened the closet. There are hangers that she can use to hang her clothes.
She started to hang up her clothes, the way she arranged her clothes. From dark to light. According to their kinds also.
She put them in all inside the closet. She arranged her underwear into the drawer.