Fourteen

She can't explain the happiness she felt in her heart. It's going to explode.

"I'm really rushing to get us married you know. We both don't have any protection from those heated love making and I don't want to get you pregnant out of wedlock." He told her.

"Thank you so much for thinking about me." She said.

"Shall we go there at the marriage registry now?" He asked.

"Sure." She replied.

He called a taxi after the three of them have changed their clothes and brought the necessary requirement for marriage registration. Their both passports, his divorce paper and her CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage record). She took this before she came to Hong Kong. She also brought her contract in case they needed.

He told the driver to bring them to City Hall. When they arrived there they told the officer that they are applying for marriage. They gave them the paper to read.

Legal Requirements

Generally speaking, all you need in order to get married in Hong Kong is a valid passport and birth certificate. However, you must be at least sixteen years of age and engaged to a person of the opposite sex. There are certain additional requirements if one of the following applies to you and/or your fiancé(e):

"We're both legal adults." He said.

"That's right." She agreed.

"Yes!" Shouted Lyndon. The laugh at it.

They continue to read.

If you are between 16 and 21 years old, you are still a minor according to Hong Kong law. Therefore you need the written consent of your father or legal guardian for getting married in Hong Kong. If your father is deceased, your mother has to consent to your marriage. If the person who needs to give his (or her) consent lives abroad, the process can become rather complicated. Please check with your consulate and/or the Hong Kong Marriage Registration Office beforehand to find out which documents you have to provide. Before getting married, you have to submit sufficient evidence for your marital status. If you are divorced,

"You brought this with you right?" She asked.

"Yes." He replied.

They continue.

you need to provide a sealed certified copy of the court's final divorce decree, translated into English if necessary. If you are widowed, proof of your former marriage as well as a death certificate of your deceased spouse is required. If you are part of armed forces personnel, getting married in Hong Kong is only possible after you have secured permission from your commanding officer.

The Registration Procedure

You have to obtain a notice of marriage before you can tie the knot. Make sure to schedule an appointment with the Hong Kong Marriage Registration Office at least 17 days before the planned date. You can easily make an appointment through the online service of the Immigration Department.

On this website, you'll also find a form labeled "Information Required for Registration of Marriage". In order to speed up the process, fill out the form in advance and submit it online or bring it along to your appointment. The fee for processing your application is HKD 305.

"We don't need to go to the website, we're already here." He said.

"Right." She seconded.

If you have not arrived in Hong Kong yet, you can also obtain your notice for getting married in Hong Kong from overseas. Your notice of marriage is valid for three months after your appointment with the registrar. After that period, you have to file a new application.

Hong Kong law stipulates that notices of marriage should be exhibited for 15 "clear" days (i.e. 17 days including Sundays) at the marriage registry. During this period, people who are authorized by law may object to the proposed marriage by writing "forbidden" on the copy of the notice. This usually refers to parents and guardians of minors who plan on getting married in Hong Kong. However, this hardly ever happens and is therefore unlikely to hinder your personal wedding plans.

"We have to wait for 17 days." He said.

"We better fill up the registration form and give our requirements. I'm sure it won't take that long." She said.

"You're right." He agreed.

After filling up the form and give the copy of their requirements they went to Immigration to terminate her contract. The reason. He's going to marry her. They received a congratulations from some of the officers.

They were on their way home when they received a call from a police officer. It said that the name Margaret Cheung and Marcus James had a car accident and they were both dead on the spot.

She felt that the happiness she had awhile ago where poured out with a cold ice water. She looked at him. Then to Lyndon.

"Sorry for your loss." She said.

"She's not a loss for me Vida. I don't know if it's for Lyndon but she never a mother to him either." He said looking back at her.

"She's still your ex-wife and mother of your son. Without her you don't have this prince with you." She said.

The child smiled very wide at her.

"You're right. Through her I have Lyndon. How I wish that you're his mother you know." He said.

His words melted her heart. How she wish too that he's the father of her children.

"I may not be his biological mother but in my heart he's my son already." She replied.

"Thank you Vida." He said kissing her temple.

"Thanks to you too." She replied.

"Tant you Mommy Fida" Lyndon said.

"You're welcome my dear Prince. I have two princes already. I only have one princess." She said.

"I'll add more prince and princesses." He said.

"Yehey. Then build cassel Daddy." Lyndon added.

"Of course, princes and princesses lives in a castle." Robert told his son..

"Mommy how many princes and princesses do you want? " He asked her nibbling her ear. She giggled. She's excited to bear more of Robert's children.