Chapter 2

Nothing Like I Thought You Could've Been

This Morning:

I was leaning on the countertop on my phone. I was taking pictures of myself. I soon felt hands wrap around my waist. I looked at my phone and saw that it was Khalif. I took the picture and turned around.

"Why you up so early?" he asked me.

"I don't know" I quickly replied.

"Your answer to all my questions" he smirked while grabbing a pineapple out of the refrigerator.

"I cut one for you already" I told him.

"Oh, thanks babe" he said kissing my forehead.

"Yeah." I said. "Khalif, can you do something for me?" I said hugging him from the back.

"What you need?" he said.

"Can you support me?"

"Support you on what?"

"I want to model" I said waiting for his response.

"That's fine with me. If that's what you wanna do, do it."

"Thank you" I said surprised.

"What we doing tonight?" He asked putting the rind of the pineapple in the trash.

"Destany wanted to go to the carnival tonight, so if you wanna go that's what we're doing" I explained.

"What about Nalani?" he said.

Nalani is my two year old daughter. She is the best thing Khalif could have ever gave me.

 She is the best thing Khalif could have ever gave me

"She's at my mom's house" I said.

"Oh well, I'll go because your going" he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes. Khalif thinks that we're a regular couple but we're not. We have problems.

"You don't forgive me, do you?"

"It's not that, it's just you gotta understand that I don't fully trust you. Now forgiving you is a whole different situation because I can just forgive you easily, but you gotta earn that trust back" I said.

"How I'mma earn it back?" he said with a smirk on his face.

"You tell me" I said heading upstairs.

3 Hours Later:

The doorbell rang and I opened the door.

"Kali!" Destany yelled as she hugged me. "I missed you" she said calming her voice.

Destany is my twin sister but she lives on her own. I should have done that but Khalif wanted me to stay with him.

"You just seen me last week" I said.