Chapter 5

The Only One I Wish I Could Forget

Tonight:

"Nigga, hurry up and take the picture" Destany screamed at Aaquil.

"I will if you quit screaming" he responded back.

"I wouldn't have to if you'd hurry up"

"Finally" Destany said.

"You guys look good" he complimented us.

"Thanks" we said in unison.

We walked downstairs and seen Khalif holding Nalani.

"Aw, my baby look so cute" I said pinching her cheeks. She giggled and turned her head into Khalif's neck.

 She giggled and turned her head into Khalif's neck

"You ready?" Khalif asked.

"Yeah" I answered.

At The Dinner:

Destany & Aaquil held each others hand and Khalif held my hand while holding Nalani as we walked in. I spotted my mom and dad at the table along with their friends.

We sat at the table and I smiled at my dad. His jaw dropped when he saw who was sitting in front of him. He tapped my wrist.

"What are they doing here?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Father, don't be rude they are our guests" I laughed.

Aaquil looked at me and his eyes said what are you doing. We were almost through the dinner without an argument. I tried to start up a conversation but my mom beat me to it.

"So, Khalif you seem to be very quiet tonight" she said staring at him.

"Nothing to talk about" he simply said.

"I think there is" she smirked sipping her wine. "What do you two do, you know for a living?"

"We like to rap, so we're going to start that" he smirked back.

"So you don't do anything right now?"

"He stays at home for now but he's trying to start that rapping career" I cleared up for her.

"He can explain for himself." my dad told me.

Khalif looked at me.

"No, Raymond I think he needs a little help considering the fact that he can't take care of his own daughter" my mom let out.

The one thing that Khalif hates hearing is that he can't take care of his daughter. He clenched his jaw and stood up.

"Babe?" I said.

He didn't answer me and grabbed his drink. Out of nowhere, he threw it at my mother.

"Khalif!" Destany said.

"I'm calling the police" my mom screamed.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the side.

"What's up with you?!" I said.

"I told you I shouldn't have came" he said.

"J-just stand outside for a second" I said.

He followed my instructions. Aaquil went outside with Khalif.

Nalani ran up to me.

"Go to Auntie" I pointed to Destany.

I went to go check on my mom.

"Are you okay?" I said trying not to laugh.

"You think this is funny? Your sticking up for that bastard!" she said.

"You had no reason to come at Khalif like that. He didn't do anything wrong."

She rolled her eyes.

"All he does is try and try to get you to accept him and all you do is put him down." I explained.

"Well, try harder" she said.

At that moment, I was ready to leave. My mother can be so petty at times and it's just annoying.

I walked outside and seen them sitting on a bench.

"I'm sorry for tonight, guys. I probably should have listened to you and all of this is my fault"

"Amen" Aaquil said.

Khalif nudged him in his chest and stood up.

"It's not your fault. Parents just don't understand." he said quoting Will Smith.

"No, but I feel like they should respect you just like I do"

"You don't respect me. You might love me but I guarantee you don't respect me."

"What?"

"We've been through a lot and I see why your parents don't like me. Hell, I don't even know why you still like me."

I didn't know what to say.

"Okay, are we done with the love story? It's cold out here." Destany said.

"Yeah were done" I slightly smiled.

We walked to the car and I put Nalani in her car seat.

At The House:

Nalani fell asleep in the car so I just carried her to her room. I took off my clothes and put on my pajamas. I went downstairs to the kitchen and rolled up a blunt. I noticed Aaquil coming down the stairs. This nigga can smell weed from a mile away.

"I didn't know you smoked" he said.

"That's because you've never seen me"

"Mind if I join?"

"Always tryna smoke"

"Where's Khalif?"

"He's sleeping. I didn't wanna wake him because he's already had a rough day"