Chapter 23

I Thought I'd Never Be

Kali POV

I was sitting on the couch watching Blackish. Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross are so hilarious. I was about to unlock my phone, when I heard the door open. I looked over there and Khalif was holding Nalani.

"We're back." he said putting her down. She ran over to me and kissed my cheek.

 She ran over to me and kissed my cheek

"Daddy bought me new clothes."

"Did he?" I said looking at him.

"Yeah, see!" she said showing me her clothes.

"That's nice. Go put them in your room." I told her. She ran upstairs and I looked back at the TV.

Khalif sat down next to me. "Wassup with you? You been on this couch since we left."

"Babe, I told you I don't feel good." I said playing with his dreads.

"Well, I'm sorry you don't feel good. But I need you to get up."

"Aww, you care about me?"

"Nah, I just need you to do my laundry." he said laughing.

"Fuck you."

Destany POV

I hopped out the shower and wrapped the towel around my body. I looked around for my phone but I couldn't find it. Maybe Slim took it.

"Slim! I know you have my phone!" I yelled. I opened my closet and put on my clothes.

I walked downstairs and seen all the lights were off. "Slim?" I called out.

I turned the light on in the living room and seen a note on the table. "What the f-" I said picking it up.

It read: So I see you found a new nigga. He took my spot. I hate this nigga, so I hope you're happy but he won't be. Love you, Trey.

Now I'm fucking scared. A million questions are running through my head. Where is Slim? What is Trey talking about? How did he get in my house?

"Slim! Where the fuck are you?"

I walked in the kitchen and seen his cross chain that he always wears. I grabbed it and put it on.

I picked up the house phone and called the police.

"Hello?"

"Um... someone broke in my house and my boyfriend is missing."

"Ma'am, what's your address?"

"4410 Esplanade Ln"

"Okay. Did your boyfriend leave anything related to him being missing?"

"No, he just left his chain on the counter."

"What's his name?"

"Aaquil Brown"

"Okay, we'll send out a search party and we're sending someone to your house."

"Thank you so much." I hung up.

All I could think about was what if Trey hurt him?

Aaquil POV

I woke up in a room. I didn't know where I was. I tried to get up but I felt a pain in the back of my leg. I looked at it and seen that I was stabbed.

"Help!" I screamed several times.

No one could hear me, so I doubt they would come. Until, I heard the door open.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Aaquil Brown or should I say Slim Jxmmi." someone said.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You stole my girl."

"Man, who the fuck are you?"

He stepped out into the light. "Trey?" I said.

"I didn't steal her, she wanted a real nigga."

"Lil' nigga, you ain't shit! I'll fucking murder you!" he pulled out a gun.

"Wait, don't shoot!"

"Or what?"

Khalif POV

I was laying on the bed watching TV while Nalani was laying next to me. I kept flipping through the channels until something caught my attention.

"There is a search tonight for 22-year old Aaquil Brown. He was last seen wearing a white Polo shirt, blue jeans, black, white, and blue Air Force Ones. If you have seen him, please contact the number at the bottom of the screen."

Kali came out of the bathroom.

"Babe, Slim is missing."

"What you mean?"

"Look at the TV." I told her.

She looked at the TV. "Oh my god! Call Destany."

I picked up my phone and called her.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Nalani asked.

"Umm, nothing. I just need you to go in your room for a second. I'm coming."

"Okay." she said walking into her room.

"What are you gonna do?" she asked him.

"I gotta go find my brother." I said.