Chapter Ten

Emma's POV

I didn't tell Rae about the kiss. I thought about it so many times while we were getting ready for church the next morning, but I couldn't bring myself to tell her. I told her that Kade was taking us out, but that was it. I thought about it all during church. I couldn't even pay attention to the sermon because my mind was on Kade and the kiss and if I should tell Rae or not.

After Church Rae, John and I went back to my house, where Kade was already waiting for us. We changed out of our church clothes, moved John's car seat to Kade's truck, then we all piled in. I rode shot gun, while Rae and John sat in the backseat.

"So where are we going?" I questioned Kade as I buckled my seatbelt.

"I'm not telling you. It's a surprise." He shot me a grin as he turned to car on.

"You're planning to feed us, right?" Rae asked Kade once we were on the road. "We haven't had lunch yet."

Kade let out a laugh, "Yes Rae, I'm going to feed you."

"I was just asking for John. He was curious." Rae informed us.

"Oh sure. Blame the baby." I laughed.

"Aren't you hungry, John?" Rae spoke to the little boy who had been preoccupied playing with his toys. He nodded his head. "See, told you." Rae gave me a smug look as she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Don't worry Rae, I'll feed you and John in about twenty minutes." Kade informed her.

"Thank God ."

"She doesn't eat breakfast." I told Kade, "So by 12 she is always starving."

"Japanese sound good to everyone?" He asked.

"You are my new best friend." Rae exclaimed. Japanese was her favorite food. I rolled my eyes.

******

"Was this all on one ticket or separate ones?" Our waitress asked one we had all finished eating.

"Separate." Rae and I said together, as Kade told her it was together.

"I'm not letting you pay for all of ours." I argued with him.

"Too bad." He smirked and handed the waitress his card. "It's all together."

I glared at him, "I'm paying you back."

"I'll just give it right back. A simple thank you will be just fine."

I sighed, I was still ticked off, but I thanked him for buying us lunch. Rae also offered to pay him back, which he declined, so she settled on telling him thank you as well.

"Stop pouting Em." Kade teased me, once we were back in his truck. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm not pouting."

"Yes you are. Look, you fix me supper all the time, the least I can do is treat you to lunch."

I sighed, he was right. "Fair enough." He grinned at me, pleased that I was no longer upset with him.

"Good. Hey Rae, you may want to wake John up. We're here." Kade glanced at Rae in the rearview mirror. But like John, she was knocked out.

"Rae wake up! We're at Chuck E Cheese." I leaned over the seat and slapped her leg.

She let out a yawn and raised an eyebrow at Kade, "Chuck E Cheese?"