Chapter 6- Guardian Angel

Rosalie's POV

Luke?! What is happening? Few hours ago he showed up in front of my locker and called me a nerdy sl ut and now this? What happened to him?

I was still on the floor staring at Luke and I froze from that moment on. It was so embarrassing. Does Ashley really need to make a joke out of this?! Ugh! Anger is the only feeling I have for Luke and Ashley right now.

As I looked into Luke's eyes, it was like I'm really angry at him and at the same time asking for help. He probably blocked my way intentionally because he joined his friends when they laughed.

The guys with Luke stood up and made their way towards where I was. I felt a few kicks on my back and some pushed me down. I couldn't help myself so I cried a couple of tears and pulled my knees closer to my chest.

As the laughter of the guys who kicked and pushed me became further and further, I felt someone touched my head. I thought it was Ryan because I guess he's the only friend I've got but it wasn't.

I looked up and saw a very good looking girl. She smiled at me and asked me "Are you okay?" her warm rub at my back comforted me.

I nodded and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"Here, let me help you." She pulled me up and helped me fix myself. "Thanks," I said and gave her a warm smile.

"Let's get out of here." She made her way to the exit and I followed her. I didn't want to stay here where everyone saw how vulnerable and weak I was anyway.

When we got out of the cafeteria, I felt kind of relieved.

"Thank you so much..er..?" I thanked her but I haven't caught her name.

"Angelica Jade." she said and pulled out a hand.

"Rosalie Smith." I shook her hand and smiled.

"I know." She giggled. "Ryan told me everything about you."

"Ryan?" I looked at her, confused.

"Oh yeah umm I'm his cousin. It's my first day here and I'm a junior." She explained.

"Oh.. So umm thank you again for what happened a while ago. I honestly didn't know what to do back there." I said, thanking her.

She smiled and replied "No problem. Anytime, Rosalie." She patted by back and continued "So uh, let's find Ryan and eat because I'm starving. Ooh and don't worry about the people out there.. I'll be your guardian angel."

"Okay. Thanks." I giggled at her last words and we both looked for Ryan back at the cafeteria.

I never knew Ryan has a cousin here at school. Angelica. Thank God she saved me a while ago or else I could have fainted because of my panic attack. I kinda like her. She's pretty. We got the same height even though she's a junior. She dresses just like me. And we also got like the same hair. It's just that she's really pretty and I think maybe she's popular here but why did she let me go with her?

Anyways, back to finding Ryan and eating lunch.

*~*

Angelica and I bought food and luckily we found Ryan and then found ourselves a table.

"I see that you've found my ugly cousin." Ryan joked.

"Technically, Angelica found me. Crying. On the floor. And you weren't there." I said to him seriously.

He stopped laughing. "What? Sorry. What happened?" He asked.

"She slipped and got embarrased then Ashley Froste made a joke out of it and shouted it to everyone." Angelica explained to Ryan.

"Actually it wasn't an accident. Luke blocked my way purposely." I corrected Angelica's explanation.

"Seriously?! That Ashley and Luke! They should both go in hell! Luke's officially a real jerk. A cute jerk. But still a jerk. Good thing Angelica here saw you. I'm sorry I wasn't there." Ryan raised his voice and apologized.

"Calm down. I'm fine. And it's okay though. I understand why you're always late for lunch." I sighed. This is the second time that he was late for lunch because of their last professor before lunch.

"Are you sure you're fine, Rose er.. I mean Rosalie?" Angelica asked.

"Yeah I'm sure. And it's okay you can call me Rose." I smiled at her.

No. I'm not okay. I almost had a crush on a cute guy but he turned out to be a jerk. A jerk who humiliated me in front of everyone. I really thought Luke Evans was one of the good ones. Guess you really can't judge a book by its cover. And Ryan's right. Luke is officially a jerk. I hate him now.

"So let's continue eating and forget about what happened." I said, changing the topic.

*~*

I went home right after when we were dismissed.

As I went home, I went directly upstairs to my room then I heard my phone ring.

Hmm. Unknown number. Who could this be? I never gave anyone my number before. Unknown callers always give me anxiety.

I answered the call and said "Hello, who's this?"
.
.
.
"It's Luke. How are you? Are you okay? "

As the person answered my question, my head was burning with anger. What?!
How dare he asked me that question! Where did he even get my number?!