Chapter 13- Speechless

I woke up with my eyes looking so puffy. I recalled I cried a bit last night until I slept. I checked my phone to see what time it was. 5:47 AM.

Gosh it's so early to see 4 missed calls from an unknown number. I decided to ignore it. Maybe this is about that stupid prank call or just someone trying to get under my skin, again.

I slept again and hoped to wake up later at 6 or else I'll be absent today. I don't actually feel like going to school.

•~•

My phone blinked. Time check 6:03 AM. Perfect timing. But it felt like I've been asleep for only two minutes.

One message. Unknown number.

Hey Rose, I understand why you walked away yesterday. I understand you need time. And I know you're confused and mad at me but let me explain everything this lunch.
New number, Angelica. Only u and i know this #. I tried to stay away from Ashley.

I saved Angelica's number and got up from my bed. I prepared myself for school. Then, I went downstairs for breakfast. Lastly, I stepped out of our house and walked to school.

•~•

I was getting stuff from my locker when I noticed at the corner of my eye a tall figure walking towards my direction. I looked at it. It was Luke. Walking towards me. His stare was straight into my eyes like he's trying to get inside me. I stared back.

Luke got distracted and broke eye contact. He stopped walking. Of course. He got distracted by Ashley. His girlfriend.

She stepped in front of Luke and tip toed to block my view of Luke's face. They started talking then I walked away. I didn't even care about them or what they were talking about.

•~•

I sat at the cafeteria without eating anything. I just feel like I'm eager to listen to Angelica with her explanation. There's a part of me that wants to forgive her no matter what explanation she has because she is my best friend. Well at least she was until that dreadful night when I found out she was AFMA. Right now, all I wanna do is wait for her to come and to listen to her then we'll see if we can bring back this best friend stuff.

Suddenly, Luke appeared in front of me and directly sat at the chair facing me.

"Sure, just make yourself comfortable." I said sarcastically as I raised and waved my hand in the air.

"Look, Rosalie, we need to talk." He said with a serious tone.

"Spare me the apologies and go smooch with your girlfriend." I rolled my eyes.

"Apologies? You're the one who should be apologizing after you said yes and left me hanging." He said, sounding a bit hurt.

"Left you hanging?! I came as early as 6 PM and waited for you for at least an hour and then Ashley walked in the restaurant claiming to be your girlfriend and you two were gonna have a date then out of nowhere she spilled a drink on my dre--" I spoke swiftly making hell of a point.

He cut me off. "Woah woah woah. Slow down. Back up. 6 PM? Ashley? My date? My girlfriend? What the f*ck?"

I didn't respond. Tears slowly filled up my eyes as I recalled what happened that night after Ashley embarrassed me in front of people.