Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four: Why Didn't You Tell Me?

"That guy is really nice" Marie said as we sat in my room "Maybe the king can accept you not marrying a prince"

God! Here she goes. Not that she is talking like mum and Alicia, she is thinking that there is something between me and Ethan. Well, if it wasn't for the fact that it couldn't happen, I hoped there was.

"It can't" I said "Ethan is-"

Stephan entered the door and bowed "Time for bed, Princess"

"Stop calling me that" I cried before he took his wife and left the room turning the lights down.

□□□□

"Morning" I said as I stood by Sean's car in front of Chloe's house. It's the first time since Brook has left that I got out of the car to wait for Chloe with the others.

"Morning, Vi" Caden said "Can we talk?" Please, no.

"Sure" I said with a crocked smile. We walked away from them and stood by a tree.

"Where is Brook? It's been two weeks and she hasn't come to school and she doesn't answer my calls" he said "Is it something I did? Does she want to break up?"

"No, no, Caden" I cried "It's not like that"

"Then what's it?" He asked "What's wrong with Brook?"

"Nothing's wrong with her" I said.

"Let's go" Chloe appeared from behind the tree and I let out a sigh of relief.

"We will continue this conversation at lunch, okay?!"

"Okay"

I'm glad Ethan is a good secret keeper. I trusted him and he was trust worthy.

I sat on the cafeteria table with Sky and Damien waiting for the others, but me I was waiting only for Caden. I want to get over with this conversation.

The bell is about to ring and he hasn't shown up. I looked to my watch for the hundredth time since lunch and bite my lips.

"Waiting for someone special?!" Chloe said with a smirk.

"No" I replied "Caden is late. The bell is about to ring" I looked again to my watch "He never misses lunch"

"Don't worry about Caden. He's coming" she said and I threw my sight to the door.

He has just entered and he walked to the table. He sat in front of me and buried his face in his hands.

"What's wrong, Dude?" Damien asked and Caden raised his head. His eyes were puffy red and tears stained his face "Dude, I've never seen you crying. What's wrong?"

"Why didn't you tell me, Viola?" He cried "You should've told me"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Brook" he looked at me straight in the eye "Why didn't you tell me that she had been taken away? It's been two weeks and you never thought of telling me"

"I was going to tell you now" I said "Wait. How did you know? It's Ethan?!" And I thought he could keep all my secrets.

"No" he said "I saw her" What?! "She was taking her things from her locker in the alley because, her new family will transfer her to a new school"

Next thing I know I was running down the alley to the gates of the school. Maybe I can catch up with her, if I can just run a little faster. My legs burned and my lungs screamed for air.