Truth and Life

^^ Robin, Sorta... But no Batman. ^^

(NO CAPES!!!) lol sry, JK.

--- Gwen's POV ---

I charged into Jacobs room, despite my state of undress(a sheer nightdress), about thirty seconds after he'd screamed, my spear raised, ready to kill something.

I stopped, seeing that he was in the bed, alone, and clutching his chest. I closed the door and set the spear against the wall next to his bed. I slipped into bed with him for the first time since he was three, and held him to my chest as he struggled to regain control of his heartbeat.

I shushed him, and kissed his forehead. "You're alright, Jacob, I'm here for you. You're safe." I whispered, and he cuddled down, shivering. "That's right, easy. I'm here, my beautiful, precious little prince."

He sniffed, and slowly looked up. "Are you really my mother?" He asked, eyes welling up with in shed tears.

I blinked. "Well of -"

"Don't lie... I can smell your lies and hear your heartbeat... Please..." He whispered.

I smiled. "Just like your father. Yes, I am your mother, but no, I didn't birth you. Your breeder was-"

"Lilliana. She was a dragon." He said.

I huffed. "Just because you're a prince doesn't give you permission to interrupt everyone. I taught you better."

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Hmph. Yes, Lilliana was the being who... Almost gave birth to you. You were born through what is known as a 'Caesarian Section' or a 'C-Section.' Basically..." I struggled for non-graphic explanations.

"He cut her open with the demon spear and cut me out of her... I remember." He said.

"You... Remember? How?"

"I remember his last words, his last act, killing the Dragon King GalThunder. He ate father, as he died. The demon spear... It's still in the dragons corpse, isn't it?" He asked.

"... Yes. No one but a demon or Demigod can touch it, so we were forced to leave it. And dragons don't decompose, so yes. Yes it is." I sighed.

"... And Lilliana?" He asked softly.

"In the bottom of the dungeons, covered in seven tons of rocks I placed myself, stone by stone. No one other than your father and I ever knew about her being a dragon." I said.

"How?" He asked, clenching his eyebrows adorably.

"Well, powerful dragons can shapeshift, but there's always one thing they can't change. Their eyes. So she pretended to be a blind sorceress, and... You were conceived. But then, her father, GalThunder, learned of it, and attempted to murder you, and your father, and Lilliana."

"He succeeded on two counts." He muttered.

"... Yes. He did. But you... You are doubly Royal, and even your father never awakened his dragon blood. It's something that must be done to you, and well, he never met a dragon other than Lilliana that don't try to kill him." I shrugged.

He nodded slowly. "So... Are they really coming back?"

"... Yes, dearest. Yes. The Hoard was never destroyed. It was 1,000,000 strong, and it has been growing even larger ever since. But, obviously, when their king and princess were dead, they retreated, leading to the 'Victory' on the Grey Plains." I said.