Choices

^^ Diana ^^

--- Jacobs POV ---

I escorted Queen Fauna acceding to her directions, and we were quickly in a small clearing, hidden inside a building. It had a small waterfall, and a boulder just like mine, and I grinned. "This is perfect, Queen Fauna." I said.

She smiled. "It's no trouble. I come here to clear my mind. How does one heal with meditation?" She asked.

"It's human magic. I basically use the calmness in my mind to amplify and store my magic in my rings, the cycle it through me to rejuvenate me." I said. I handed her one of my rings. "Try it."

I sat on the large Boulder, and she sat next to me. I slowly slipped into my mind, and sighed in relief as my mana began cycling normally, and my bruised muscles relaxed, healing slowly.

I slipped into my mind even further, deeper, and smiled when I heard my mother's voice. "Ah, the meditation gardens... Mother used to take me here when my father was in a mood. I'd play in the water, and shed curl up on the boulder as a dragon, just watching me."

"She is here now." I responded, and felt a mind prod my own. I opened my mind, and pulled Fauna in. She manifested, and I smiled. "Lilliana, Fauna, Fauna, Lilliana. Well met, I hope?"

Lilliana manifested her human form, and crashed into the other woman, crying. I retreated deeper into my mind, giving them space.

I simply drifted for a while, cycling my energy, rebuilding my stores of mana around my body. My body was much heavier now. Stronger. I hadn't created my human body over again, I'd crunched my dragon form down, meaning I still had the strength I had in that form, and my speed and agility and flexibility in this form.

I rose back to their plane, and they were talking about me, of all things. Cute things I'd done as a baby, my training, and all other things I really didn't think my grandmother needed to know.

I sighed. "Lilliana. Why?"

"She wasn't there for your childhood. Hopefully she'll be there for her great-grandchildren?" She asked hopefully.

"Will she live with us in Acadia? Or will my children visit her here?" I asked blandly.

Fauna smiled. "I'm sure arrangements could be made."

I nodded. "I'm sure. And I'm willing. They will need people of their blood to teach them. Lilliana can only teach me-"

"Actually, I can contact anyone with my blood though the spear, so yes, I could teach them, if they learned to meditate." Lilliana interrupted.

"Fine. Then it's possible. But like with me. Would that make them think themselves mad?" I asked.

"Not if you said something about it to them." She shrugged. "And besides, with the Demon Part of your heritage, what more would surprise them?" She asked.

I nodded. "Fine. Then I'll work it out that they'll come here for the Spring or Autumn, alternatively, every year. How about that?"

Fauna smiled. "That'd be lovely. I may be a scary old dragon lady, but I do so adore little ones."

I sighed and cracked my neck. "Cool. Now. We've been in here for a while. Let's go." I said.

---

I opened my eyes, and slowly stood, stretching. I hopped off the Boulder, and landed on the edge of the pool next to Mira and Carter.

"How did it go?" Carter asked.