Correspondence

^^ Kale, but brunette ^^

--- Jacobs POV ---

I woke slowly, and smiled. The sensation of others in my bed was quickly becoming extremely pleasing. I slowly moved Mary off of me and onto Linda, and slipped out of bed. The girls woke, but realized the dint have any duties, and so simply laid there, watching me for any sign I wanted them.

As I reached my closet, the servants entrance opened again, and my maids came out, dressing me in a loose pair of white silk pants, tied by a sash. Kim again requested permission to touch my hair, and I said "a braid, today..." I removed my circlet momentarily, and she nodded, making quick work of my thick locks.

I replaced the circlet when she stepped back, and nodded. "Perfect, thank you. And for my tunic... Hmm..." I selected a thin golden vest, with a single wooden toggle to keep it closed.

Once I was dressed, I nodded. "That is all." I said.

They left with a bow, and I sat down on my couch slowly, enjoying the softness for now. Mira opened the door and slipped inside. "Good morning, master." She said quietly.

I nodded. "Mm..." She raised an eyebrow, and I sighed. "Good morning, Captain Mira. What can I do for you?"

"I have received word that your Uncle would wish to exchange correspondence." She said cryptically.

I nodded. "Has he initiated this contact?"

"He has." She handed me a thick slip of paper, embossed on the edges with pure silver thread.

"Ostentatious... Make sure my return is seen equally, but not more so." I said, before I broke the seal and opened it.

I began to read the small words written in Draconian aloud in said language for Mira's benefit. "Hello, nephew. I am King Gunther, your maternal uncle. My sister Lilliana was your mother. I was sad when she died, but she broke the ancient laws, and begot you, a bastard of three Royal Lines."

I chuckled and continued reading. "As such, even as a Bastard, you are eligible for the Mantle of Gaea, our first queen, from which we, you and I, are descended. I would have you dead, as you are an abomination, but the Blood of Gaea must always be on our throne, and so I have made peace with your parentage for now."

I grinned, switching to English. "He doesn't mince words, does he? Heh."

She shook her head, and Mary asked, "What did he say?"

"He thinks me a Bastard of three Royal lines, and wishes me dead, but cannot because I am the last of my line, and he is sterile, meaning he cannot replace me." I smiled. She gasped, and I laughed. "He cannot harm me, not yet. Now to continue..." I said and turned back to the letter.

"I hope Mira, Carter, and Kale please you. Kale is for your personal pleasure, and Carter is a gift from me. She was your mothers friend, long ago, and I thought seeing you would enrage her and make her kill you. If you read this, I was wrong, mores the pity."

I laughed again. "Ouch, you rude old man... Sending a prostitute and an assassin with my guards? Heh. Sneaky..."

Mira smirked. "I quelled Carter's rage."

I mirrored her smirk. "I'd say." She blushed and grinned, unashamed.

Mary raised an eye. "Which one is the prostitute?"

Kale came through the door. "That'd be me. Master, are you done reading?"

"No." I turned back to the letter.