1

I skimmed through every single time line there was, listened to every conversation over and over until I could recite the words without even a slight tongue twist. I watched Sans propose a million times, I watched us get married. I watched me wake up in my bedroom to my mom calling for me on the surface. I watched every single life I lived over and over. I was so sick of seeing my own face, but I had to do something. I didn't want to just sit there doing absolutely jack shit like Gaster did. I started watching over Sans and Ethan a lot more after a few years, yearning to experience my babies' lives. Sans had started drinking more, talking and smiling less. It didn't effect his father skills though. Eventually everyone but Sans had forgotten about me and think Ethan's just some kid they found after they made it out of the underground. It wasn't like they were trying to forget me, it's just another side effect of being in the vortex. Everyone but Sans was oblivious to it because they were aware, sadly.

I sighed, feeling Gaster linger over my shoulder, "Child..... It's not.... Good to... Worry.." He rested a hand on my arm, squeezing it reassuringly.

I frowned, "But Gaster.... They don't... Remember...." I managed out. I'd finally gotten the hang of talking to Gaster after a while, but my voice still sucked.

"I know... There's no... Possible way for... Them to re... Remember... Not everyone... Is like Sans.." Gaster had gotten better at speaking since I came around, thankfully. I looked over at him and frowned. The area we were in was so dark and boring, the vortex was nothing but static and darkness, and I wanted out.

"I.... Want... T..to find... A.. Way out.." I stated in an aggravated manner. I stood from my sitting position and hovered away a bit, looking through the static.

"How..?" Gaster asked, following.

"Re..." I sighed, turning to him and decided to use sign language since it was faster.

"REMEMBER HOW I GOT YOU OUT OF THE VORTEX? I WONDER IF I COULD DO THAT TOO." I watched as he stared at me in deep thought.

"HOW WOULD WE BE ABLE TO FIND SOMEONE TO DO IT?" He signed back.

"THAT'S THE BEST PART SANS TAKES ETHAN TO THE UNDERGROUND EVERY SATURDAY TO MY GRAVE IN THE UNDERGROUND!! IT'S IN THE SAME PLACE WE FOUND THAT RIPPLE IN THE VORTEX FOR YOU TO COME THROUGH. I'VE BEEN STUDYING THIS FOR YEARS GASTER I THINK IT CAN WORK." I signed furiously before turning away and grabbing a specific spot from this timeline. I turned back to him and hurried over to him, "Look.." I spoke holding it out to him. He looked curious as he cautiously took it from me and watched it.

"Ethan, come on." Sans laughed as a young boy, half human half skeleton, around the age of five followed after him excitedly.

"We get to see momma today?!" The young boy exclaimed happily, causing Sans to chuckle.

"Yes, Ethan, and you get to hear her voice too." Sans picked up Ethan and began twirling him around as the young boy squealed happily. They walked underneath one of the waterfalls to an open area. Sans carried the boy through the empty field to a secret door before opening it and disappearing behind the passage way.

"This... Is.... Happening right... Now..?" Gaster asked, looking up from the piece of static. I nodded furiously before gesturing to it again.

"THIS IS OUR CHANCE WE MIGHT NOT STAY OUT LONG BUT AT LEAST WELL GET OUT LONG ENOUGH TO SEE SANS AND ETHAN PERSONALLY I MIGHT GET TO HOLD MY SON!!" I signed all of this before zooming over to the rip in the vortex.

"But.."

"Wise.. Men... Say... Only fools rush in... But I can't help... Falling in love with you.."

Gaster was cut off by Sans' deep voice echoing through the rip and I could feel my heart swell as did my tear ducts.

"Shall I stay.... Would it be... A... Sin... If I can't help... Falling in love with you..."

"Like a... River... Flows... Surely to... Th... The sea... Darling S... So it goes... Somethi..ngs were.. Just meant to be..." I sang through the rip to see if I could cause a reaction. I waited to see if Sans could hear me and would find the hole. I waited a little bit, but all I could hear was Sans still singing.

"Like a river flows..... surely to the sea..... Darling so it goes.... Some things.... are meant to be.... Take my hand..... take my whole life too..... For I... can't.... help... falling in love with you.... For I.... can't... help.... falling in love with you.." I looked back down at the static in my hand to see Sans sitting on the bench while Ethan played with the echo flowers.

"(Y/n...), I love you.." He had tears in his sockets as he stared at the mounted soil in front of his feet. He hated singing.. But he'd do it for me because he knew I loved it....

"I love... You too.." I stated into the black purgatory known as the rip only for it to be lost in time. I looked once again to see if there was a reaction, but nothing. It was useless, how was I going to get to him..? I had to keep trying somehow...

"I will... get out..! I swear.. To you..! Sans..! I... Love you..!" I yelled into the hole but again nothing happened. I sighed, hovering a bit away before sitting down to watch the rest of their visit.

"Hey, Duncle! Can you tell me about momma?" Ethan asked as he hurried back over to Sans. I chuckled softly at his nickname as Sans patted the seat next to him.

"I don't know, do you think you could handle sitting still long enough to listen?" Ethan nodded furiously causing Sans to chuckle.

"Alright, here goes nothing."