2

"Well, let's just say your mother was extremely short for starters." He chuckled as Ethan smiled. I rolled my eyes, smiling as my eyes teared up. "But that doesn't mean it shortened her temper from being at its fullest when I did something stupid." He joked, nudging Ethan's shoulder, making the small child giggle.

I was surprised my eyes didn't roll into the back of my skull when he said that.

"Was she pretty?" Ethan asked in pure adorable curiosity. I couldn't stop grinning he was so cute.

"Of course! She was the most beautiful woman that is ever seen. She was hotter than the hotlands." Sans chuckled and he was lucky I couldn't reach through the rip just it knock the fucker on his ass for that one, but I couldn't help but grin anyway as he continued.

"In all seriousness, she was perfect to me. She found all of my jokes funny, like you. She was amazing at playing music and creating it; the same goes for her art. She couldn't cook though, she proved that macaroni and cheese was her only meal through college she could actually make without setting her dorm kitchen on fire." Ethan giggled loudly and I felt myself flush with embarrassment.

"How did y'all meet?" Ethan's head cocked to the side, his eyes filled with wonder and joy, a crooked smile permanently plastered on his face.

"Well you know that big gate we came through the to get here?" Sans casually pointed in the direction of it and Ethan nodded. "Well, when us monsters lived down here, I was put in charge of watching the gate for humans and making sure that they get to Asgore as soon as possible."

Ethan had clasped his hands together as he listened to Sans talk, fingers locked together and eyes burning into Sans' sockets, "But one day a human, a.k.a. Your mom, walked through those doors with a sad expression and nothing in her hands. Usually every human that came through had a weapon, no matter how puny."

Ethan raised an eyebrow, "Why didn't she have anything?"

"I'm about to get to that." His usual smile widened slightly before continuing. "She walked so slow and her soul was this bright (y/f/c) that shone through her slightly tattered black t-shirt. She wore black fingerless gloves, some old ripped blue jeans, worn out old sneakers and a pair of glasses. She was a lot older than most other humans that fell down here too, good for me amirite?" I actually audibly laughed at that pun as Ethan just looked a little confused.

"Anyway, as I was saying, she was pretty much helpless and I had 1 HP, well I mean I still have 1 HP but back then was different."

I felt my jaw drop, "S...sanss..s..." I whispered sadly, when had it dropped? Had I not been paying enough attention?

"I did my usual routine of following the human to the gate that Paps had put up way back when. She stopped far sooner that the other humans and turned asking who was there. I wasn't gonna hide too long so I popped out to say hi."

"M...more l..lik..e scare... Me.." I rolled my eyes.

"That's how we met." He stated in satisfaction.

Ethan smiled and spoke again, "Did you love my momma?"

Sans looked down at him, his smile turning soft before he answered, "Of course I did."

I felt a tear fall down my cheek as he sighed, "I have a secret to tell you and you have to promise that won't tell anyone. Ok? If out do you're gonna have a bad time ok?" Ethan responded with a furious nod.

"No one knows this because it's extremely hard to explain why they don't remember, but I'm your father." Sans whispered the last part and the look on Ethan's little face was wild.

His eyes went from confusion to question to sheer wonder as his mouth slowly opened to form the 'O' shape. "REALLY!? YOU'RE MY DAD? Wait, why doesn't anyone else remember momma?"

"Well when your momma died, she went to be with your grandpa Gaster, remember I told you about him?" Ethan nodded in response and Sans continued.

"So anyone that is with Gaster, gets forgotten it time except me." Sans had a sad expression on his face as he sighed again.

I frowned and stood up to walk towards the rip, trying one last time, "S...sssss..sans..." Nothing happened, "Saa..Aaannss.. I.. llll...love you."

"I love you too." I gasped loudly and looked back at my static seeing him staring at the flower next to my grave. I hadn't noticed but Ethan had gotten up to play with the flowers again, apparently that was all he needed to know.

"Can... Y....you... Hear m.... Me?"

"Yea... I've heard you the entire time.." He stated, sighed softly before standing.

"I... Mm.... Miss you..." I stated, almost sobbing.

"I miss you too, bone momma." I scoffed softly, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Of cou...rse."

".... Good luck." Was all Sans stated before walking away to get Ethan and take him home.

"S...sanss.. Are.." He was gone before I could finish my sentence. Was he mad that I made him keep the timeline? Was he angry with me because I made him keep me dead for Ethan to live? I gripped the static in my deformed fingers anxiously, my knuckles whitening. I hovered away from the rip sadly, then threw the static at the wall. Why did it have to be like this? Why couldn't everything just go back to the way it was without the resets, I wanted to be with the man and child I love. I started crying heavily as I hovered to the middle of the room.

"(Y......y/n).. It will be... Ok... Don't fre....tt.. It... Will work... Out.." Gaster said in a comforting manner. It didn't help much but I knew he was just trying to help.

"I....... Kno....ow.... I'm..... Ok.." I sighed, sinking deeper into the floor. It was going to be a long time before I could ever been human again...

//////

Yes I drew the picture of Ethan and I would love to thank all of my readers I honestly had no idea this story would be this popular and it makes me so happy to see all of the positive comments as I've kept this story up I hope you enjoy the sequel as much as you enjoy the first book. :)