6

I paced the empty void in thought of the memory. You see, in the void you can't dream, you can only remember things as you rest your eyes and such. So I remembered that specific timeline, but why? I didn't even remember which timeline it had happened either; it could've been a million timelines before.

"Gaster.. Do you.. Remember which... Timeline that specific event.. Happened?" I was fumbling around some old static from different genocide timelines to see if I could find anything relating to it but I came up dry as I turned to Gaster.

"I don't want to give you the wrong answer... But I think it might have been... The one before this." He glided over to the more recent static and searched for a second before pulling on out. I floated over to him so I could look over his shoulder, confused as to how it could've slipped my mind. He handed the small piece of static and I looked it over, double checking the date. Yup, it was the one right before this. I re watched it to see all of the details a little closer.

"I know that people can change... If they just try."

I watched as Papy stood in front of Chara, giving them his famous and touching speech.

*Papyrus has spared you

Popped up in front of the small 'child' and then I heard it.

"I'm sick of sitting back and watching my brother die every fucking genocide timeline." I heard his voice before I could see him appear in front of Papyrus. The 'kid' was mid swing as he finally materialized and then he was struck. I could see myself at Grillby's as it happened and that's when I had felt a disturbance. I watched as Pap caught him and held him as he turned to ash slowly.

"Russ...sy..." Sans spoke quietly as Papyrus sobbed over him, "Don't.. Be sad.. We'll... See each other again... Soon.. (Y/n)... Tell.. Her... I love her.... She.... She will protect.. You.. And others... I swear.." And that was the last thing he said as he slowly disintegrated I felt a small tear fall from my eye and I wiped it as I watched myself run, Chara getting ready to attack Papyrus. I watched myself kick the kid's teeth in and dislocate their arm to protect him and I snarled like an angry beast. I watched as the kid reset their arm and have a stare down with me before walking away. I watched Papyrus cling to Sans jacket until I got him up from the ground, and took him to Alphys' lab. After about maybe twenty minutes I'd finally gotten Russy to separate from the jacket and then proceed to tie it around my waist. I watched as I walked all the way to the Royal Guard's armor room, and suit up with a chest plate and sword.

"I'll fucking kill you."

I had muttered that sentence under my breath as I walked out towards my set destination. I was thinking about how Sans had shown me a short cut to the Royal Castle hall that was suppose to be important. He had called it the 'judgement hall' and at the time I didn't understand, but as I had marched towards that hallway it had started to make sense. I judged the fucker for what they had done and it wasn't pretty. I had remembered how Sans spoke of how the kid was, locked inside their own body as though they were possessed, and how they didn't want to do any of it. It had confused me on how he knew any of it, but I didn't even think of questioning him at the time. I just knew that I slowly watched that human form into a monster as they killed every one of the monsters still around. I'd watched their knife slowly gain more and more dust as they continued to paraded around the place like they'd owned it. He told me about the hall and taught me the way there and told me to remember it like he knew all of that timeline was going to happen; and that was when the human had first arrived in Snowdin. At the time I was just starting to get the deja Vue shit and becoming aware. I had started becoming aware the timeline before that too because I'd realized flowey's 'friendliness' pellets were complete bullshit and I dodged them before he could hit me. This one timeline though, I'd realized that things were really repeating. I watched the kid fight Undyne and kill her as Alphys watch. I gritted my teeth noticing the kid looked at one of Alphys' cameras and smiled and stared into the lens before moving on. I watched as Alphys' heart broke and her claws furious and shakily type for my number to call me but all she could do was sob when I answered. It was enough to tell me what had happened and it made me furious. I had crushed my phone with my hand and tossed the remaining pieces off to the side. I watched the monster get into the elevator and make their way up to me. I watched as I readied myself when I heard their steps.