A Guy Named Sam Evans

Rachel's POV

     I walked through the halls with Finn right by my side. It was my first day back from the hospital and he was nervous to leave me alone. People were staring at me. Word must have gotten out about my dad.
     Quinn was walking towards us, still with her blue book bag on her back.
     "I need to talk to you, Rachel," she said. She turned to Finn and said, "Alone."
     Finn looked at me, hesitant to leave.
     "I'll be alright, Finn," I said to him. "She just wants to talk."
     Still a bit hesitant, he slowly walked away, leaving me alone with Quinn.
     "Ok so, before I start, I wanted to ask if you're ok. I... I can't imagine going through something like that. I'm really sorry," she said, seeming genuinely upset.
     "Thanks, Quinn. I'm fine. I appreciate you asking but I kinda don't want to talk about," I said, distantly. I didn't want to remember that my own father would treat me the way he did, even if he was drunk.
     "Right," she said. "Sorry."
     I nodded my head, as if to say thanks.
     "Anyways," she said, trying to move on with the conversation. "I think I found a way to bring down Mercedes," she said.
     I perked up my ears. This was a topic that I'd completely forgotten about. With all the drama going on, it was easy to forget what I originally set out to do.
     "Really?" I asked.
     She nodded her head. She brought me into an empty classroom to make sure no one would listen to us.
     "So, I did some research on her. You remember how she moved here sophomore year?" I nodded.
     "In freshman year, she dated a guy named Sam Evans. I found a picture of them together in an old yearbook. Anyways, I called Sam and he said that they broke because they didn't think that the long distance relationship could work. He lives in California and really wants to see her again. I asked if he would want to come and visit and he was ecstatic."
     "As lovely as this sounds," I said, trying to  make sense of all this craziness. "What does this have to do with ending Mercedes' rain of terror?"
     Quinn rolled her eyes. "Don't you get it?" she said. "It's her weakness. The one person who can make her remember how she used to be. Like you and Finn, for example."
     I raised an eyebrow as if to say, 'What's that supposed to mean?'
     "When you look at Finn, or when you're with him, what do you feel?"
     I blushed and smiled just thinking about him. Now, I felt more attached to him than ever. He's been like my superhero, my knight in shining armor.
     "I feel like I know what I'm doing when I'm with him," I said.
     "Exactly," Quinn said. "He honestly changed you for the better. A couple months ago, I know for a fact that you would not be wearing clothes that nice," she said, gesturing towards my light blue shorts and my polka-dotted shirt.
     "That's what Sam will do the Mercedes," she continued.
     "Ok, I see your point," I said.
     Quinn smiled, glad she got me to understand.
     "Sam said that he couldn't make it for homecoming tomorrow but he'll be here by Christmas," she said.
     "Perfect," I said, clapping my hands together.
     Quinn smiled and was about to leave the room until I said, "Hey Quinn."
     She turned to look at me, her eyes big with anticipation.
     "We're kinda friends, huh?" I asked her.
     She laughed, but not mockingly. Like she never thought she would be asked this question.
     "Kind of," she said as she walked out of the room, leaving me with my thoughts.

This part had a lot of Faberry❤️
The next part is gonna be about homecoming!!!!!