Death Island - Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - ran out of food

Its been 2 days since big bens death and we are running out of food that the others gave us so we go out to find more food.

We all go together so that no one will get killed like George again.

"Theres some berries over there!" georgina shouts looking happier than ever.

We find lots of berries and move on.

That when i hear the noise bushes ruffling.

"Jaaaakkkeee!" He runs to the bush with the knife as we stand behind him terrified of what lies inside it.

My heart thumps as i guess as to what it is moving about in the leaves when suddenly jenny comes out laughing

"Hahahahahahahahaha! your faces!"

"That wasn't funny!" georgina says looking at jenny.

"Oh yes it was!"she says scowling with a teeth clenched, she looks angry as if she was about to pounce on one of us like a tiger and rip us to shreds.she seemed such a different person from the start.

"Look what are you doing here jenny?" ash says making sure she steps back so she is not the enemy.

"Ran out of food" she then smiles at us. " Children cant be that bad to eat right john?! "

"Yes but we need to kill them all before we eat them. remember the plan?" john shouts. he has no idea we heard that and Jenny's smile drops to a frown and she regrets what she had just before.

"John there right here" she says looking behind her to see if he's behind her.

"Well well well what do we have here 3 teens and lovebirds" he says smirking.he's enjoying this,too much in fact. then i realise he called georgina and jake lovebirds! jake loves my mum and only my mum!

"There not love birds!?"i shout my fist clenched and my teeth gritted.i feel hot and bothered.

"How come they are always flirting then!"he goes on."your mum wasn't exactly the youngest was she! "

This makes me stop. i don't want to look at jake right now.I'm so angry right now with everyone and everything in this whole world but nothing angers me more than a man who is threatening to eat children and make jake who is like a father too me an enemy and especially a man who has just insulted my mother.

"Give me the knife!"i scowl.trying to keep the waterfall that wants to come out inside me.i don't look at jake but i put my hand out to have the knife.

"W-w-what?"jake stutters.

"Give me the knife"i say gritting my teeth in anger as i watch john smirk as if to say that i would never hurt him but i would.i would kill him right on the spot now if only jake gave me the knife.

Jake may have to be a responsible adult if we get off this island but he knows that john will just kill us if we don't kill him.he hands me the knife.

Johns smirk turns into a frown. "go on then little girl" he says smirking again "kill me"

I'm gonna kill this man right now.ok. 5.......4........3........2........

What am i saying? there is no point killing him because then i will lower my standard to the murderer.the man in the black coat.

I drop the knife.i cant kill him. i just cant.he looks at me smiling.grinning the worst grin in the world. like he's pleased with himself. People change. i'm not going to let him get away with what he said.

I pick up the knife my fingers tightening round it clutching it. i hold it up. i give it to jake. then i feel my knuckles tightening as my hand transforms to a fist. a fist that hits john right in the centre of his face.

He doesn't expect it and neither do my friends.jenny grabs the knife out of johns hand and as she does jake shouts

"RUN!"

I grab the knife just in time to not get cut by the knife she swings at me.we all run as i tag behind.Jenny had to be the worst runner ever, yet she is probably a good thrower but no one would dare throw the only knife they had because if it miss they would not have protection. I look behind me as i run checking if she is there behind me.she is but too far behind to see me. all i can do is hear her.

I get to a place where there are lots of long trees. I look behind me and see jenny ginger hair shining yet she cant see me.

i keep on running until i hit the ground with a thud. i must have tripped over a tree root as there are millions. i wait.i wait for my death. i wait for the knife to enter my body. my last words.my last scream.the last time i shall see everything. i can't move my leg hurts. its not broken but it needs time to heal before i can walk.i wait there ,the seconds like minutes the minutes like hours.nothing happens i finally have the strength to turn my self round onto my back. Theres no jenny to be seen.

I wait for a few minutes before trying to move my legs but when i try it hurts to much.will i die here on this spot?

"Well,well,well!"

Yes i will almost certainly die on this spot.

"What do we have here?" the ginger hair and the dark green eyes staring at me. Jenny is back.

"What do you want" i spit out the words. i despise her so much.

"Well you see we are running out of food you see and when people run out of food they have to count on other people" she says smiling as she says it.she looking at me like I'm food and i think thats what i am there for. She want to eat me? thats the most disgusting thought i have ever had?she cant do that! its cannobilism.

I wait there as she look at me like some kind of animal. shes crazy.absolutely crazy. i look at the knife its so sharp and pointy and already has blood on it.i close my eyes as she leans into stab me.

"Ha ha any last words!" she scowls.

"Yes actually!" she looks at me and i look at her. my leg hurts but i get prepared to run. "JAKE!"

I run and she runs after me and i trip again make my head slam into the ground then everything goes black. am i dead? no i'm not. jenny with knife and leans in.i hold my breath.count to ten.close my eyes.wait.i hear a scream but its not mine. its Jenny's. i open my eyes to see jake with a knife in Jenny's body.she falls down.Jenny's dead.

(Really enjoyed writing this chapter.)

(Any advise compliments criticism is welcome. feel free.)

(Thank you for you support) 👍