15 | I'm Starving, Just A Heads Up

*Blue's POV*

            This morning, I woke up and did all the things that you would do to get ready for school and was staring at the empty fridge. The door was open and the cold air brushed soothingly at my zebra print leggings, begging me to fill it. But I couldn't. I didn't have any money. And Mom wasn't getting up to help anytime soon.

            My stomach lurched and I clutched it, my blonde hair falling over my face. This was child abuse. Not that it mattered. I hadn't eaten anything in over a week. Nothing but water. I'm surprised no one has noticed yet, not even Chase and his stupid adorable feelings for me.

            I let out a low groan and slammed the fridge shut, making it quake against the pressure. I ripped open the cabinets. Empty. The pantry. Empty. Even in my Mom's room. All were empty. We had nothing anymore. I didn't know what she did when I wasn't home. There's shattered glass everywhere, I don't know how to use the washing machine, we haven't payed rent. I'm wearing the same clothes that I wore yesterday. I just know that the Davenports are going to ask me questions.

            But I can't let them now how much pain I'm in right now. A human can go for a month without food but they have to have water, right? Then I'm good.

           I turned around, about to start writing a list of things that need to be fixed around here in order for me to live when I had to stop and grip the counter until my knuckles turned white from a sharp pain in my stomach. It felt like someone stabbing a knife into my abdomen again... And again... And again...

If our love is tragedy why are you remedy? If our loves insanity why are you my clarity?

          My phone blasted the ringtone to the song 'Clarity' by Zedd and I squinted my eyes against the pain, brushing my hand along the counter until I grabbed my phone. It was Chase.

          "Hello?" I groaned, not being able to mask the pain in my tone.

   "Blue? Are you okay? I was just calling to ask if you needed a ride."

          "I'm fine. Stop asking questions, everything's fine. No, I have another ride." I lied, doing my best impression. I suddenly felt guilty for lying to him.

            "Well, it's kind of hard not to when you won't even let us come over to your house when you say everything's fine." I let out a moan again as another stab hit my stomach.

            Chase mumbled something from the other side that I couldn't hear. "Blue, have you not been eating anything?"

           My eyes widened in shock. How the hay did he know that?!? "Y-yeah, I've been e-eating..." I let out another groan as the pain grew sharper.

           "Blue, you haven't been eating have you?"

           "No..."

           "Are you crazy, Blue? You could die from that! Are you trying to kill yourself?"

           "Maybe I am!" I snapped into the phone. "I told you everything's fine! You don't need to know what all goes on at home no matter how abusive it is! I am taking care of it, and I don't need you or your stupid sibling's help!"

            I stabbed the END CALL button and threw my phone across the room, hearing the satisfying bump against the wall as it tumbled to the empty, sherry stained floor.

            Little did I know that Chase had his phone on speakerphone, and Mr. Davenport, Adam, Bree, and Leo had heard the entire thing.

...............................