The First Look

Heads up.
This book is not edited so there will be minor spelling mistakes and typos. Do overlook them and dont be nasty about them. Constructive criticism is welcomed :)

"Jaaayssooonn wake up!!!"

I groaned as I heard my sister storm in through my bedroom door without knocking. She came and jumped on my bed.

"Go away, you are annoying" I mumbled as I pulled a pillow over my head.

"Look who is talking. Wake up now JJ! You are supposed to go to Stella's sixteenth birthday party with me!"

"Stop shouting and stop calling me with that stupid name."

"Jayson!" She pulled the blanket of me and I growled at her.

"Stop being a baby or should I say an animal. I cannot be late to my best friend's party. Mom and dad will be late because they have to attend some function before."

"So I am going to be babysitting you" I said as I got up.

"I don't need babysitting. I will be sixteen in a week."

I rolled my eyes at her and got out of bed. I turned around and she threw a pillow on my face.

"Kiara! What are you like five?"

"No. I just told you, I will be sixteen next week but I can't say anything about you. I sometimes doubt you are twenty two."

"Get out Kiara. I will see you downstairs." She talked non-stop and I could feel a headache setting in.

"You have fifteen minutes JJ!" She said as she slammed my door on her way out.

Great I thought to myself. I was home from my college for the weekend. I was doing my MBA from Harvard and it was my first year.

I quickly got ready and went downstairs. When I reached the hall, Kiara stared at me like I had grown a second head.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you really wearing a hoodie and jeans to the party?"

I looked at her and she was wearing a dress which didn't look like it would provide any resistance against the cold outside.

"Kiara it is snowing outside. You are planning on catching pneumonia?" I shot at her as I stepped outside.

"There is something known as overcoats." She threw back at me.

I ignored and walked to the waiting car. Peter, one of the family drivers was waiting but I shook my head at him and asked him for the keys. He smiled and handed me the keys.

"Great now you are driving" Kiara mumbled as she came around and got into the passenger seat. I ignored her and got in.

"Can I just drop you off, wish Stella and come back?"

"No. you are suppose to be there as they have invited the whole family"

"Oh great" I muttered as I started the car and headed down the driveway.

The ride was silent for the first five minutes and then Kiara opened her mouth.

"Are you gay?"

I slammed my foot on the break nearly missing another car.

"What the hell Kiara?" I turned around to face my sister who was trying not to laugh.

"I am just asking. I mean I rarely see you with any girls. The only girlfriend you had was Aurora, that also in high school."