Diamonds and Nightmares.

“Hello Mr. Reynolds” Mr. Banks greeted Jayson as he stepped into the shop.

“The designer is here?”

“Yes, Mr. Renee is in my office. Please come along”

Jayson nodded and followed him towards his office.

“Hello Mr. Reynolds! My dear friend Russell told you want the perfect ring for your fiancé” the Frenchman said in a thick accent

“Yes, that is correct”

They sat down and Mr. Renee took out a few notepads and an iPad from his briefcase.

“How about we first discuss what you have in mind Mr. Reynolds”

Jayson looked up. He hadn’t heard what he said as he was thinking of the hurt that flashed across Kate’s face when he told her not to wait up. He was feeling like a certified asshole but he couldn’t help it. He didn’t want to lash out at her because his emotions were all over the place. A dread clutched his heart just at the thought what could have possibly happened. Even the thought of losing Katherine haunts every cell of his body.

“My apologies” Jayson said he as sat up straighter.

“Mr. Renee was asking about what you have in mind, as any personal touch you would like to add to the ring”

“I want violet colored stones surrounding the main diamond” Jayson said.

“Alright” Mr. Renee said as he tapped away at his iPad.

“How about something along this line” he said as he pushed the iPad towards Jayson. An app was opened which had a layout of ring. The current ring had a centre princess cut diamond with two smaller diamonds on the side.

“We can exchange the side diamonds with violet colored ones. Also we can design the band differently. Have design engraved around the length of the band?”

“Make the centre diamond bigger.” Jayson said.

“Of course Mr. Reynolds, that goes without saying.” Mr. Banks smiled.

“Well this is good then. I will email you two three designs along the lines of this one that we discussed and you can finalize and the ring will be soon on your fiancée's hand. It will be absolutely stunning Monsieur.” The French designer beamed at Jayson.

Mr. Renee enjoyed a good challenge and he would make sure this was the best ring he designed so far.

“Thank you gentlemen” Jayson said as he nodded and left.

Jayson got in the car and massaged his temples. He could feel a headache creeping in. He wanted nothing but to go back home but he wasn’t in the mood to face Kate yet.

“To the office” Jayson said as he closed the door and leaned his head back.
Kate wiped the tears which refused to stop falling. This was the first time Jayson had been so angry at her and refused to even look at her and it was breaking her heart.
●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●

“Kate, you want me to prepare dinner” The housekeeper asked gently.

Kate shook her head and pressed a hand to her chest indicating she would do it.

“Okay dear” The housekeeper gave a small smile and left. Kate got up and decided to make dinner. At least it would keep her occupied. She hoped Jayson would come back in time for dinner.

Kate started working on white sauce pasta. Soon it was ready and Kate looked at the time. It was quarter to nine and Jay was still not home and he hadn’t even messaged her once.
Kate covered the pasta and left it on the stove as she thought she would heat it up when Jayson would come home. She made a side salad and kept that aside as well.