I'm a monster

Chapter 5

Elora P.O.V

"Elora you can't keep ignoring them. Or all of us." Steve tried to get me to talk.

I had been a few hours since I was told I was possibly the lost little sister of two Avengers.

'This ruins everything! What am I going to tell the boss..."

"Elora? Come on."

I span on my heel and looked at Steve. "What!? What do you want from me?! I don't know how to process what I was told an hour ago! Can't you leave me alone for five minutes?!"

Steve took a step back. I cover my face with my hands. 'In still in training. I'm not ready for this.'

Steve sighed and pushed open the door. "I'll come back later."

I watched as the door locked shut. I groaned and plopped down on my bed. Hiding my face in my hands.

I pulled hem back suddenly as I felt moisture on my cheeks. I was crying. I sniffed and quickly wiped away the salty dropplets with my sleeve. "Pull yourself together Elora. It's probably a trick to make you turn... like the Winter Soldier..."

----------------

3rd person P.O.V

Pietro and Wanda sat alone in the living room. They sat opposite each other.

Pietro was silent and Wanda had tears streaming down her face.

They looked up as Steve entered the room. Bucky trailing behind for any needed support.

The super soldier looked at the two heart broken twins. "She still won't talk to us. She is refusing to cooperate. I'm sorry."

Pietro looked down as Wanda shook her head. "No Steve. Don't apologize. It's not your fault. Ve should probably talk to her."

Steve pinched the bridge of his nose. "You can try. But I'd give her a little while first. She just has a slight outburst and I think she needs a time out."

Pietro looked up at his sister. "Needing a time out? She's just like how i was before Hydra."

A small laugh came from Wanda as she wiped away her tears. "And after."

Steve felt relived that they weren't to broken about this. After all its not everyday this happens to someone. Finding your supposedly dead baby sister.

----------

Elora P.O.V

I clamped my eyes shut as the anger continued to bubble deep inside of me.

If I did have two older siblings wouldn't I have been told???

I had been alone for a while now. And the silence that filled the room had become deafening. I lay curled up on the bed hoping this was some messed up dream I usually had.

I pulled my locket from around my neck. The chain breaking with a small snap. My eyes fell upon the skull and anger burned through my vains.

A scream of rage rattled my lungs as I threw the necklace at the wall of the cell. Leaving a small crack as the heavy metal hit it with much force.

Hot tears streamed down my face as I fought with my mind to remember anything I could from when I was younger. As a baby

'How old was I when I was taken? Was I even taken at all? Is this just some cruel joke to make me crack and spill Hydra's secrets. Because I don't know any!' My mind screamed questions at me. Making my anger mix with many more unwanted emotions.

sadness

confusion

hate

I didn't know what to think. Who to trust. What to believe!

I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard the door unlock and people enter. I didn't bother to move. More tears cascaded down my cheeks and dripped onto the floor.

"Elora?" Called a soft voice. I could tell by the woman's' accent it was one of the twins from earlier. My supposed sister. "Elora please talk to me." The sadness in her voice made me turn my head and look over my shoulder.

I felt my bottom lip quiver as I saw her. "Are you my sister? This isn't some joke? Your not lying to me so I'll tell you about Hydra?"

Her face looked shocked and guilty but she shook her head. "No Elora. I vould never lie to you."

I shook my head. Not sure weather to believe her words or not. "How?! How can I trust you?! Any of you?! I can't! I just can't! Just like you can't trust me!"

---------------

Wanda P.O.V

It was horrible watching my younger sister cry and wail. She didn't believe we we're telling the truth. And why should she? We have her locked up in a cell and thinking that we want to use her to get information on Hydra.

"I don't know anything about Hydra! I just help out with small missions, this is my first solo mission!" She was sobbing now. On her knees with her arms wrapped around herself. "It was all a trick. A plan to fool you! I'm sorry just leave me alone! I won't do it again I swear!"

I felt my heart shatter and I looked back at Steve. Pietro must have left the room. Not wanting to see her like this. "Open zhe door." I demand.

He blinks. "Wanda I can't. She could be dang-"

"I don't care open zhe God damn cell door!" I raise my voice. My scarlet powers swirling around my fingers.

Steve sighs and presses a button on the control panel he had been leaning on. The door to Elora's cell slowly slid open.

I rushed inside and leant down next to my sister. "Hey.. it's okay. None of zhis is yo-"

"Don't come near me! I'm... I'm a MONSTER!" She screamed. Scrambling away from me.

I looked up as I heard soft cracking coming from the glass. A thin layer of ice was slowly crystallizing and forming in the corners of the cell. Slowly spreading across the glass.

I turned back to Elora. She had her knees up to her chest and her face hidden. I could get hear soft sobs and faint mutters of 'I'm a monster' over and over.

I sigh, able to see my breath in front of me as the cells temperature dropped and slowly sat next to her. And before she could complain I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

At first I thought she would fight me and scramble away again. But instead she whimpered and cuddled up to me. Her breathing becoming calm again.

Steve looked over at us with his arms crossed. He nodded at me and I smiled faintly.

Sometimes we all needed someone to comfort us. Even when we think we don't need it at all.