Screw this

3rd person P.O.V

"So why do I need school?" Elora questioned as she removed the legs from her marvellous walking toaster.

"You don't, is the correct answer." Stark implied sourly. "But Wanda thinks it'll improve your social skills, and what not."

Elora sighed, she didn't want to go to this school thing her sister had been talking about over the past couple of weeks. But she also didn't want to disappoint Wanda. She seemed so happy that Elora had the opportunity to do something she and Pietro hadn't been able to.

"But I have enough skills already.  I can speak 4 different languages, I know how to fight. I snapped a man's neck once and-"

"Whoa Whoa whoa. Calm down firecracker, that's why you need social skills. It's about communication with others." Tony explained. "You don't need to tell others about the crimes you committed. It's best to keep that to yourself."

Elora huffed. "Fine. I guess my past and power would cause people to flee." She sighed. "Not like that's a bad thing." She muttered under her breath as she carefully removed the final leg from the toaster.

"I heard that." Tony chuckled. "But don't worry, it's not as bad as it seems."

"I do believe you called it 'teenager hell' did you not?" The girl shot the billionaire a questioning glare. Which of course he shrugged off.

"It is. For some. But Wanda warned me not to taint your thoughts about school and threatened to taint mine. And trust me, that's not an experience I want to have again." Tony shuddered, remembering the last time she had gotten into his head.

Elora giggled. "You can't scare me any more 'Mr Stark'. I know you're a big softie so good luck tainting my mind." Although she smiled and laughed, inside she was terrified.

School? Why send her to school?

Around other people?

Wasn't she dangerous? A threat to others?

Elora still struggled to completely come to grips with her powers. Although she didn't use them often she had become accustomed to using them in her daily life. By levitating the remote to herself or someone else, or freezing her glass to keep her drink cold.

And once or twice she would set her palm alight in order to roast a few marshmallows at midnight. Nothing to much.

The real issue she had was when she was training. Using big bursts of her powers caused and physical strain and mental exhaustion. She could be out of action for days after testing her powers limits. So instead she preferred to use it for smaller tasks. Like marshmallows.

But now with this whole school situation she would have to limit her powers once again. Not using them outside of the facility.

'No matter what'. Wanda had said. Warning her that other kinds might become scared or cruel if they ever found out.

In short she was petrified. She had seen cheesy teen movies about high school, with bullies and bitches galore she was far from ready.

But as Wanda had said. She had no. choice.

------------------

"Tony please don't let them take me!!" Elora wailed as Wanda handed her a black backpack, over flowing with supplies. With Steve pushing her towards the exit of the facility.

The billionaire watched as his little lab rat was being sent away to a place where grades were more important than mental wellbeing. "If it were up to me kid you'd still being making toasters walk but I'm not in control here." He looked carefully and the twins as they prepped their sister for school.

He completely understood why they were doing it. Giving her what they never had. A real education. A real life.

Allowing her to be all they weren't allowed to be.

"Come now Elora." Wanda smiled. "It von't be zhat bad." She tried very hard to encourage her younger sister but the pleading look never left Elora's eyes.

"You'll make plenty of friends in no time and zhen have nothing to worry about." Pietro soothed.

Elora's eyes narrowed. "Tony told me that essays and assignme-!"

"Come on now Elora you don't wan to be late!!" Tony quickly chimed in and Wanda's cold gaze landed upon him at the though of him scaring Elora away from school.

"The cars waiting outside, ready to go Happy?" Tony looked at his friend who merely nodded.

"Been ready for the past hour." He grunted.

With a bitter expression, Elora followed Happy to the car. Giving her siblings a quick hug before she went, and waving as she drove away.

The once thing she did fail to notice was the sharp smack Wanda gave Tony on the back of the head once the car was out of sight.

-------------

The whole car ride was silent, Elora felt so nervous she forgot how to talk. Happy wanted to talk to her, calm her nerves but he had no idea what to say. And he didn't want to scare her more, Wanda would not be pleased.

When the car pulled to a slow stop Elora hesitantly opened the door. Watching kids close to her age walk into a gate that lead to the school.

"Want me to escort you?" Happy offered with a small smile. Hoping it would help her in some way.

She shook her head and took a deep breath. "I think I can manage." She forced a brave smile for him.

Happy nodded. "Alright. Have a good day. And Tony said if you need help at any point just to call him. I'll be back here to pick you up later."

"Thanks Happy." She smiled. Slipping out of the car and closing the door. She waited till Happy had driven away before she allowed herself to walk through the gates."

"This is it." She thought as she saw the abundance of kids and teens of all ages around her, a shrill bell sounding I'm the distance. Signalling the start to a new day. "I'm here..."

"Teenager hell."